All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happy Holidays (my present to you)
December 21, 2009 07:06AM
Enjoy the holidays.

Dec 19, 2009

my booty is cold... but that snow is WHITE! tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
avatar Re: Happy Holidays (my present to you)
December 21, 2009 12:40PM
Top of Basket Dome or the saddle to Basket Dome.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 12:42PM by tomdisco.
December 21, 2009 03:39PM
tomdisco
Jim

Don't I wish. That was on the plan but got lazy about carrying snowshoes (we didn't)
and with Winter Solstice we decided to only do one night.
So... you're off a bit. It's just east of the Snow Creek trail and west of Snow Creek itself.

December 21, 2009 04:56PM
chick-on
got lazy about carrying snowshoes (we didn't)

You have wings. What do you need snowshoes for?
December 21, 2009 10:57PM
eeek
chick-on
got lazy about carrying snowshoes (we didn't)

You have wings. What do you need snowshoes for?

I can't carry bill-e-butt and his wife! Not my fault they are lazi humanoids!

December 21, 2009 06:55PM
chick-on
tomdisco
Jim

Don't I wish. That was on the plan but got lazy about carrying snowshoes (we didn't)
and with Winter Solstice we decided to only do one night.
So... you're off a bit. It's just east of the Snow Creek trail and west of Snow Creek itself.

Yeh, I was wondering about that. The angles did look a little odd for Basket Dome. Did you go up the Snow Creek switchback from Mirror Lake?
December 21, 2009 10:59PM
tomdisco
Yeh, I was wondering about that. The angles did look a little odd for Basket Dome. Did you go up the Snow Creek switchback from Mirror Lake?
Yup. Some guy (didn't expect to see anyone all weekend) said there's 126.
(again, to me... not nearly as difficult as out of Pate towards my beloved Loch Tablae)

December 21, 2009 06:53PM
Was the snow packed enough for easy travel, or did you need to use MiniSpikes? (I am preparing my Winter Arsenal: Fluffier Down Jacket (the pink jacket is leaking like a siv), MiniSpikes, and if the holiday gods send enough bonuses -- puffy pants)

B
December 21, 2009 11:06PM
Bee
Was the snow packed enough for easy travel, or did you need to use MiniSpikes? (I am preparing my Winter Arsenal: Fluffier Down Jacket (the pink jacket is leaking like a siv), MiniSpikes, and if the holiday gods send enough bonuses -- puffy pants)
B
I knew better. Just got lazy. This time of year unless it's very early in the morning you should
expect to post-hole. The snow will compact nicely to walk on maybe around April timeframe
when it's warmer longer and the storms are nearly done for the year.
Knew there was 2 ft. at Tuolumne and was hoping it was only about 6 inches at the top.
It was probably a good 2 ft or so and post-holed nicely. Spikies don't do much good in
that scenario. Knew we'd be able to get the campspot without much trouble and back down.
Took our time getting to the park and on the hike up.

Bill-e-boy bought these Down Booties. Feathered Friends. Ridiculously expensive but
the Goat Whisperer got to wear them during the night and I heard her say "I won't
make fun of your down booties anymore... those are nice!".
Chickon Boo

December 21, 2009 11:09PM
Here's another shot from the same spot.
GW is on the right side there waving.

December 21, 2009 11:10PM
O, btw, in the first picture. This is the nicest view I have ever seen of Watkins Pinnacles.

December 21, 2009 11:26PM
Feathered Friends -- I looked at their website; they have some AWEsome choice Puffies (perhapas a custome vest for Chick-on??)

What did the humanoids wear as layers during the day? Fleece and shell? Hiking pants with thermals? (as they are in sorry shape without the natural pink fur that said Chick-on has)

Did the new down jacket go along for the trip (Does the Goat Whisperer have a new puffy, too?)

Busy Bee
December 22, 2009 02:20AM
Bee
Feathered Friends -- I looked at their website; they have some AWEsome choice Puffies (perhapas a custome vest for Chick-on??)

What did the humanoids wear as layers during the day? Fleece and shell? Hiking pants with thermals? (as they are in sorry shape without the natural pink fur that said Chick-on has)

Did the new down jacket go along for the trip (Does the Goat Whisperer have a new puffy, too?)

Busy Bee

How 'bout a Chick-on suit for the handler?
December 22, 2009 06:50AM
Bee
Feathered Friends -- I looked at their website; they have some AWEsome choice Puffies (perhaps a custom vest for Chick-on??)

Rumor has it that Chick-on is going to receive a holiday gift from the 'Hello Kitty' Collection.
December 22, 2009 07:32AM
szalkowski
Rumor has it that Chick-on is going to receive a holiday gift from the 'Hello Kitty' Collection.
Dat would be sa-weet.
(but I ax Santer for a Propeller Cap and a good dry cleaning (best u not be around me when I
lift my wings to take flight))

December 22, 2009 06:59AM
Bee
If you have thermals on under your hiking pants you invariably end up either removing
them along the way or really wanting to. We ended up hiking in the same clothes that
we do year round with only the addition of a wicking T-shirt under the long sleeve shirt.
Not only do we have super nice summers in the Sierra it can be pretty darn nice during
the winter too.
GW got a poofer as early xmass gift. For me I'm very very close to leaving the fleece
top at home for good now and taking the down jackey. It's just so nice and compact.
December 22, 2009 10:21AM
bill-e-g

For me I'm very very close to leaving the fleece
top at home for good now and taking the down jackey. It's just so nice and compact.

Moosie has been saying and doing this forever: bringing the puffy and leaving hte fleece -- she swears by it year round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 10:21AM by Bee.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login