All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 29, 2009 02:08PM

I have this photo identified as Clouds Mimicking Kuna Crest but would like verification that this is in fact Kuna Crest. It's a telephoto shot taken on the return trail from Glen Aulin HSC.

No, you can't see Kuna Crest from Glen Aulin,-----maybe from Turlock.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2009 02:10PM by tomdisco.
December 29, 2009 02:37PM
Jim, That's actually Echo Peaks.
December 29, 2009 04:58PM
Wow! I guess I got really turned around a bit on the compass. Really thought I was pointed towards the Lembert Dome corner of the meadows. Anyway, I could not resist the shot with the clouds backdropping the peaks.

I should start a tour service titled, "Trial & Error Guided Hiking". grinning smiley
Re: Kuna Crest?
December 30, 2009 09:04AM
Isn't the Kuna Crest the string of rounded peaks on the NE side of Lyell Canyon?
December 30, 2009 10:10AM
It's the whole ridgeline from Mammoth Peak to Kuna Peak.

Here it is from just below Mammoth. That's Kuna and Bingaman Lakes.

December 30, 2009 11:00AM
When I got home and looked at the trail map the only thing I could spot in the direction I thought I was pointing at was Kuna Crest. Nothing else made sense. Not knowing precisely what Kuna Crest looked like further did me in. From now on whenever I take photos like this and don't know exactly what I'm looking at, the compass will have to come out for a reading. It's easy to get turned around a bit on these trails when passing amongst the trees.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login