Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Wilderness permit hours

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 18, 2010 07:48AM
What time does the door actually open at the Tuolumne Meadows Permit Station in the summer?
avatar Re: Wilderness permit hours
January 18, 2010 08:28AM
smiling smiley

Hours may change.

Supposedly it is 7:30am.

Funny thing is, you can ask at the entrance station and they might give you the wrong
answer. Website says 8am for Big Oak... well, that isn't right. It was 8:30 .. for the whole
year... for fun I asked at the entrance if it was open at 8am and they said "well...
unless they just changed it"

Queue the music for "get there at 4am".

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 18, 2010 11:31AM
Now that I'm well informed maybe I should just take my time eating a big breakfast, get their whenever, and wait in line like everybody else.

tongue sticking out smiley
January 18, 2010 11:43AM
If you are not picking up a reservation you'd best get there very early as the line can get long and trailheads fill up. Also depending who is manning the station you may be in for a 1/2 hour presentation on camp site selection, cat hole digging, food storage, fires, packing out trash, etc.

Old Dude
January 18, 2010 06:36PM
Mike,

I'm hitting the trails on August 18th with an advance reservation and need to pick up the permit the same morning. Last year I was able to pick up my permit a day ahead of time at my liesure but that's not the case this year. I'm coming down from Reno the day before but would never make it to the permit office before closing time. For that matter I suppose the correct official closing time is as evasive as opening time.

For what it's worth, I'll ask about times when the reservation is phoned in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login