Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Snow boots

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 20, 2010 09:56AM
i need to buy some snow boots that i can slip on and off while in Yosemite. wondering if any of you have any suggestions on what is good / bad etc. here is a link that i am considering.

slip on snow boots
January 20, 2010 11:25AM
Forrest, the Baffins are excellent. They are almost the same design as the Sorrels that I have (I just looked at them while perusing REI), but they are about 1/2 the price (my Sorrels are about 12 years old -- the Baffins were not available at the time) I have these wonderful North face down boots (Neptse or something like that) but the sole of the North Face is way too narrow for uneven surfaces, and I have a terrible time balancing. The Baffins/Sorrels are clunky, but they are rock solid stable for clumping around car camping/short distance situations.

B
January 20, 2010 05:11PM
Thanks Bee !
January 20, 2010 12:07PM
Depending on your needs, you might be able to use something like Salomon's insulated slip-ons. They call some of them "clogs" even though they don't have open heels. These would be fine for walking around the campsite or to the facilities. They're not going to keep deep snow out for long and they don't have laces to secure gaiters. They have some older models that you might be able to find at closeout.

http://www.salomon.com/us/#/footwear/footwear/winter/blog
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login