Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Reservations
February 15, 2010 08:59AM
Did anyone have any trouble getting on the reservation site this morning? It wouldn't let me get to the campground or site list. How did everyone do?
February 15, 2010 11:17AM
The site was not working properly at first (couldn't see old or current reservations or see any campground information), but was up within 3 minutes after 7. All sites gone within a few minutes as usual... Don't know how, but I got my special site at North Pines smiling smiley Terrible process and very frustrating (way worse than usual)!!! Keep trying (people do cancel when they realized they booked an RV only site and need a tent site, etc.). Good luck!
February 15, 2010 12:43PM
robinjayp
The site was not working properly at first (couldn't see old or current reservations or see any campground information), but was up within 3 minutes after 7. All sites gone within a few minutes as usual... Don't know how, but I got my special site at North Pines smiling smiley Terrible process and very frustrating (way worse than usual)!!! Keep trying (people do cancel when they realized they booked an RV only site and need a tent site, etc.). Good luck!

My understanding is that there aren't any "RV only" campsites in Yosemite. There might be a few tent-only and/or walk-in campsites. That doesn't mean there aren't any cancellations. I remember last year a few sites in North Pines opened up for late April when the management determined that they wouldn't be flooded. Those took a few hours to get booked since there wasn't a huge rush like the 15th of the month.
February 15, 2010 01:35PM
I had accidentally reserved North Pines site 204 this morning during the madness, a RV nonelectric site, and it specifically states, "Average site with partial shade, RV only."

However, a few years ago I had previously reserved and stayed in a similarly worded site (#219), but had emailed the NPS and asked about tents in such a site. They told me that as long as it could host a tent on the actual site, they wouldn't turn anyone away. Since I was able to get the site I really wanted this morning, I ate the $10 cancelation fee and put 204 back in the reservation system....

Anyway, I have been checking every hour or so and have seen some days (up to 5) pop up here and there. I was able to add 5 nights in Tuolomne since this morning smiling smiley
February 15, 2010 01:54PM
robinjayp
I had accidentally reserved North Pines site 204 this morning during the madness, a RV nonelectric site, and it specifically states, "Average site with partial shade, RV only."

However, a few years ago I had previously reserved and stayed in a similarly worded site (#219), but had emailed the NPS and asked about tents in such a site. They told me that as long as it could host a tent on the actual site, they wouldn't turn anyone away. Since I was able to get the site I really wanted this morning, I ate the $10 cancelation fee and put 204 back in the reservation system....

Anyway, I have been checking every hour or so and have seen some days (up to 5) pop up here and there. I was able to add 5 nights in Tuolomne since this morning smiling smiley

http://yosemitecampsites.com/northpines/index.php/204

I think it might be possible to squeeze a small tent in there, or possibly intrude a little on site 309. There does seem to be uncut brush between 200 and 204 - there's a big gap between those two sites. I'm thinking that 202 was taken out and the brush was unmaintained. 200 is definitely RV only, since there's extensive blackberry growing around the driveway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login