Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: How's the camping near Waterwheel Falls?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

How's the camping near Waterwheel Falls?
March 02, 2010 06:58PM
I am trying to decide if I should try to camp near Waterwheel Falls. I can make a day trip from Glen Aulin and back or stay over if there is a good spot to set up camp somewhere in the area. I plan to hike out to May Lake so I will be returning back through Glen Aulin. Is there someplace reasonably close considering that I will be returning back up stream?
avatar Re: How's the camping near Waterwheel Falls?
March 02, 2010 07:00PM
It's been a long time but I believe there are some nice spots above Waterwheel.
March 02, 2010 07:36PM
If you care to go about another 0.9 miles downstream (0.6k elevation differential), there is an idyllic spot at Return Creek.
March 02, 2010 11:40PM
Thanks I will check into it.
March 02, 2010 09:28PM
The canyon down to Waterwheel ( can't say about beyond since I haven't been ) is a series of flat calm valleys followed by cataracts. There's at least two flat valleys between Glen Aulin and Waterwheel, one I think is right above it.

Make sure you actually go down to Waterwheel, a lot of people get to LeConte Fall and stop thinking its Waterwheel.
March 02, 2010 11:43PM
When I went to Glen Aulin last August my hiking partner went on to Waterwheel and I stayed at the High Sierra Camp. Later he told me that he had mistakenly not gone all the way to Waterwheel falls. I guess we can count him in that group.winking smiley
March 03, 2010 06:29AM
Go down to Return Creek Bridge and you will have seen all da Fallz.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login