Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Best camp site in bridalviel creek camp grounds

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Best camp site in bridalviel creek camp grounds
March 10, 2010 08:24AM
So I will be coming out from utah to Yosemite in mid june.
I will be for about a week.
Car camping. Would be easiest since we have a baby and a 6 year old.

What would be the best sites, does anyone have any suggestions?

I really want this to be the best vacation ever.

Jim c.
avatar Re: Best camp site in bridalviel creek camp grounds
March 10, 2010 12:20PM
i've never camped there, though i've driven through it a number of times looking to see if i wanted to in the future.. one thing for sure though, you better come during a week day other than friday to get a campsite. it's first come first serve there and it gets crowded that time of year!!!
March 10, 2010 04:00PM
I've stayed there before, although not recently. As I remember, it has a more primitive feel than camping in the valley. You do still have bathrooms so it's not THAT primitive. Watch out for the altitude if you're not used to it. It's somewhere or over 7000 feet, so you'll start gasping for air pretty quickly if you start exerting yourself, especially on the first day or two. The campground doesn't open for quite a while after the road opens, so don't depend on it being open early season. Mid June may be a bit early, I can't say for sure the campground be open, or even the road. As a first-come-first-served campground you may have trouble getting into it depending on when you're arriving.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2010 04:02PM by qumqats.
March 10, 2010 06:00PM
It isn't estimated to open until July first.
March 11, 2010 06:39AM
Jim,
Unless you are seemingly locked in to Bridalveil Creek for some reason, don't forget about the close-by campgrounds to the north of the Valley also, especially Hodgdon Meadow, Crane Flat, and Tamarack Flat:
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/campground.htm
Since you are car camping, Tamarack might be especially nice for you if it is open by the time that you arrive since it is nominally a “tents only” campground (no Rvs/trailers). If you would stay at Tamarack, with your family you should probably consider bringing along a couple 5 gallon water containers since water is not piped in there. (Note: if you want to secure a campsite via a reservation, I just did a quick check of Hodgdon and found openings for mid-June. I didn't check Crane but the same probably applies.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login