Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Advanced

Fishing in the valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Fishing in the valley
April 16, 2010 08:40AM
Can anyone give some advise on the best places to fish for trout. I'm visiting Yosemite at the end of May for the first time from the UK.
avatar Re: Fishing in the valley
April 16, 2010 11:09AM
You will of course need a California license, and several stores in Yosemite Valley have them. Apparently rainbow trout are catch and release only for the prime spots in Yosemite Valley.

http://www.yosemitepark.com/Activities_RaftingWaterSports_Fishing.aspx
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/fishing.htm
April 16, 2010 01:06PM
Be sure to check out the short term licenses.

Old Dude
April 16, 2010 05:30PM
Try the Merced River just west of the Arch Rock Entrance. Rainbow trout are catch and release. I'm pretty sure you can keep two Brown trout per day with, something like 4, total in possession. Check with the rangers at the Entrance Station, they'll have a copy of the regulations.
April 18, 2010 11:01PM
Dave
Try the Merced River just west of the Arch Rock Entrance. Rainbow trout are catch and release. I'm pretty sure you can keep two Brown trout per day with, something like 4, total in possession. Check with the rangers at the Entrance Station, they'll have a copy of the regulations.

The regs say five per day and ten total in possession. Just grill them and you won't end up stockpiling too many.
April 19, 2010 07:50AM
y_p_w
Dave

The regs say five per day and ten total in possession. Just grill them and you won't end up stockpiling too many.

That would be for the brown trout. Why have a limit at all on those foreign invaders?
Re: Fishing in the valley
April 18, 2010 07:26AM
Thanks for the tips!
Re: Fishing in the valley
April 18, 2010 03:17PM
"advise" - yep, a POM. You're welcome, anyway.
April 19, 2010 08:37AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login