All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 19, 2010 01:07PM
Half Dome cables will not be in place for the May 28-31 weekend due to snow.
May 19, 2010 01:39PM
my half dome reclimb dreams are shattered! do you think they'll try putting them up by the end of memorial day weekend for the following week!
May 19, 2010 06:28PM
uh.. you super grover no can fly?

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 19, 2010 08:26PM
chick-on
uh.. you super grover no can fly?

Supergrover's flying skills are as bad as the rest of his superhero skills in reality.....he needs to fly around use his laser eyes on the frickin' snowfield on the subdome.....but supergrover not able to change the weather...its so cold this year up there?!!
May 19, 2010 07:16PM
eeek
Where's Global Warming when you need it?Llama
May 19, 2010 08:00PM
Dave
eeek
Where's Global Warming when you need it?Llama

Davey Llama,
I taught you wanna bring ur llamas to HSCs?
Me tinks u gonna bee able to dis year.
Dis bird not surprised if they not open this year like in ought sixer.

May 20, 2010 06:54PM
chick-on
Davey Llama,
I taught you wanna bring ur llamas to HSCs?
Me tinks u gonna bee able to dis year.
Dis bird not surprised if they not open this year like in ought sixer.
That would be GREAT! Hiking in the high country without all that "manure" coating the trail.
May 21, 2010 03:25PM
Half Dome Cables Will Not Be in Place over Memorial Day Weekend

Cool, wet conditions have persisted well into May, resulting in a heavier-than-usual and slowly-melting snowpack. As a result, the subdome, below the Half Dome cables, is covered in snow. A slip and fall from the subdome's steep snowfield could cause serious injury or death. For the safety of employees setting up the cables and hikers, the cables will not be put up until conditions improve. We will monitor conditions over the next two weeks and issue an expected opening date as soon as possible.
May 21, 2010 09:08PM
I heard a rumor that all the available permits are taken.

I'll stop by the Wilderness office tomorrow and ask.
May 21, 2010 09:10PM
Dave
I heard a rumor that all the available permits are taken.

I'll bet more than half of them will be unused. The price is low enough that people got reservations just in case.
May 21, 2010 09:13PM
eeek
I'll bet more than half of them will be unused. The price is low enough that people got reservations just in case.
By doing that they prevent someone else from going. That's not nice. It will cut down on the traffic though.
May 22, 2010 05:36PM
The Wilderness Office confirmed that all the available permits are taken through August. If anyone else wants to do Half Dome they'll have to do it during the week.

I also asked about the High Country Camps. If they can't stay open for a few months DNC can't make any money on them and won't bother to open those camps. That means llamas Llama can.
May 22, 2010 06:06PM
Dave,
Can you post some thoughts about hiking with llamas, pros, cons, etc.? It would be very interesting.
Thanks

Old Dude
May 22, 2010 09:31PM
mrcondron
Dave,
Can you post some thoughts about hiking with llamas, pros, cons, etc.? It would be very interesting.
Thanks
Sure. Tomorrow sometime, maybe Monday, I'll post something in the more general part of the forum.
May 23, 2010 11:44AM
Dave
The Wilderness Office confirmed that all the available permits are taken through August. If anyone else wants to do Half Dome they'll have to do it during the week.

I also asked about the High Country Camps. If they can't stay open for a few months DNC can't make any money on them and won't bother to open those camps. That means llamas Llama can.

Dave,

Is there really some question about opening any particular HSC's this year?
May 23, 2010 03:33PM
Which one of the five?

Old Dude
May 23, 2010 05:00PM
Dave,
Can you post some thoughts about hiking with llamasOld Dudes, pros, cons, etc.? It would be very interesting.
Thanks

May 23, 2010 05:07PM
Dave,
While you're at it could you include one or two of your favorite chick-on recipes? Preferably those with a slow broil of a live chick-on.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2010 05:07PM by mrcondron.
May 23, 2010 05:14PM
mrcondron
Dave,
While you're at it could you include one or two of your favorite chick-on recipes? Preferably those with a slow broil of a live chick-on.

Watch out for angry chick-ons:

May 23, 2010 05:15PM
mrcondron
Dave,

Davey Llama,
Don't bother. Eye not tasty. Mostly just skin and bones. .. and talons and a big pecker... um.. I mean beak

May 23, 2010 07:39PM
chick-on
mrcondron
Dave,
Davey Llama,
Don't bother. Eye not tasty. Mostly just skin and bones. .. and talons and a big pecker... um.. I mean beak
Perfect for a crock pot.
May 23, 2010 04:26PM
Looks like there's a wee bit of new snow on Half Dome this afternoon.
May 23, 2010 05:08PM
eeek
Looks like there's a wee bit of new snow on Half Dome this afternoon.

It was snowing yesterday. (you can see a bit in the bat guano poo shot)

On the way out some lady at the Crane Flat Gas Station wanted to know how to
get to Bridgeport. ... ouchy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login