All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 25, 2010 12:23PM
Sonora, CA -- Caltrans has not made a determination when Hwy 108 Sonora Pass or Hwy 4 Ebbetts Pass will open for the season.

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1024697/Passes-Open-By-Weekend.html
avatar Re: Passes Open By Weekend?
May 25, 2010 07:29PM
Boulders in the road at May Lake and another place I forgot the name of.
Bad weather the next two days.
Misc. repairs needed.

I doubt Tioga will open this weekend.
May 25, 2010 08:13PM
It sucks Tioga wasn't open! Indiana University has a Geology Field course going on right now at SNARL (Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Lab) near Mammoth and couldn't make it over :\ Unfortunately they leave tomorrow
May 25, 2010 08:40PM
LeeVining
It sucks Tioga wasn't open! Indiana University has a Geology Field course going on right now at SNARL (Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Lab) near Mammoth and couldn't make it over :\ Unfortunately they leave tomorrow

This should not come as a major surprise to anyone.
If one looks at the historical data, beginning in 1933, tabulated on the Mono Basin Research website, Tioga has opened about 36% of the time after 31 May .
(The other numbers are 36% before the last 8 days of May, and 27% during the last 8 days of May; the total percentage does not equal 100 due to rounding.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 04:58AM by szalkowski.
May 25, 2010 09:14PM
Yup.

Do peeps forget about 2006? This is about the same... maybe worse.
I wouldn't expect to park overnight on the road until mid June at the earliest.
(I think I said this a month or so ago)
And I'd bet the HSCs aren't gonna be open this year.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login