Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tenaya Creek Crossing

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 10, 2010 08:39PM
The trail is covered with snow and the crossing is more like a lake than a creek. This would not be a good time to hike to Clouds Rest from Tenaya Lake,
June 10, 2010 10:16PM
Yuck. Hope it clears soon. I've got a permit for June 23.
avatar Re: Tenaya Creek Crossing
June 10, 2010 11:05PM
Crossing Tenaya Creek is not really a problem. If the water is high take off your boots and wade across. The water may be very cold and could be a bit painful but you will not be swept away by a swift current or any current for that matter. Water depth of more than two feet is rare.

Old Dude
June 11, 2010 09:02AM
mrcondron
Crossing Tenaya Creek is not really a problem. If the water is high take off your boots and wade across. The water may be very cold and could be a bit painful but you will not be swept away by a swift current or any current for that matter. Water depth of more than two feet is rare.

Sounds refreshing!
June 11, 2010 09:32AM
Well may be more refreshment than I need starting off. smiling smiley I hear the eastern/inlet side of Tenaya is generally less flooded and you can hike along the back side of the lake to avoid the deep/wide crossing directly at the TH. I'm going to scout the TH and also the Tenaya inlet the day before and see which is better. I might not mind adding a mile or so if I can avoid an icebath.
June 11, 2010 06:57PM
Wade? More like swim.
June 11, 2010 07:50PM
OD & Goatie are gluttons for finding the wettest route possibe no, stop, enough!

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
June 11, 2010 08:28PM
Bee
OD & Goatie are gluttons for finding the wettest route possibe no, stop, enough!

The post holing was great too.
June 12, 2010 08:07AM
eeek
Bee

I remember a posting a year or so ago showing Olde Dude wading across a stream nearly waist deep.
June 12, 2010 07:00PM
tomdisco
eeek
Bee

I remember a posting a year or so ago showing Olde Dude wading across a stream nearly waist deep.

Looks a lot deeper than that right now:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/yosemite/nsh-dscn4465.jpg.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=2
June 12, 2010 10:30PM
June 12, 2010 11:05PM
At the very least, it sounds unpleasant: cold wet feet followed by mushy post holey snow! (I got enough soggy feet during brief military service during monsoon season -- I gladly leave the wet feet part to the uninitiated)

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
June 13, 2010 02:29AM
Bee
At the very least, it sounds unpleasant: cold wet feet followed by mushy post holey snow! (I got enough soggy feet during brief military service during monsoon season -- I gladly leave the wet feet part to the uninitiated)

It's hard to tell from the photos but it looked way too deep to wade. Combine that with Tenaya Lake still having ice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login