Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: places to post notes for others

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

places to post notes for others
July 05, 2010 08:07AM
Hi all,

Looking for a little help - I have some folks setting up a campout at the last minute and needing to connect with each other in the park despite dicey phone reception. I seem to recall seeing a cork board outside the TM store. Is this the sort of board one can post a note for others to find so everyone can find each other?
July 05, 2010 12:41PM
If the group is staying in the TM campground, there is a message board about 200 ft. before the kiosk. You can place a message up there for your group.
July 05, 2010 04:08PM
Thanks. In all the years I've been in and out of Yosemite, this will be my first time in TM campground - we've always stayed elsewhere, or been hiking instead. I think the closest I've been was as a kid, staying in the (now gone) Tenaya campground.
avatar Re: places to post notes for others
July 05, 2010 04:52PM
AlmostThere
...TM campground....

So THAT is what that big parking lot is that sits next to the DWR weather station:
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/staMeta?station_id=TUM
July 05, 2010 07:17PM
Tell me about it.

The things I do for my dayhiking friends. They want flush toilets and a fancy fire ring. I'd rather be out in the peace and quiet, catholing. Backpacker
avatar Re: places to post notes for others
July 05, 2010 08:17PM
AlmostThere
They want flush toilets

Whitney could sure use those. Grinning Devil
July 06, 2010 09:42AM
Yes. There's a reason I'm sneaking up the backside and back out again the same way... that and I hear there's some good fishing out west of Whitney, since everyone is so focused on bagging the peak. grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login