Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Re: SEKI: Body Of Drowning Victim Recovered

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar SEKI: Body Of Drowning Victim Recovered
July 14, 2010 01:50PM
Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (CA)
Body Of Drowning Victim Recovered

Backpackers contacted park staff on the morning of July 4th and reported that they’d seen a body in the South Fork of the Kings River near Mist Falls. Rangers investigated and confirmed that there was a body in difficult-to-access terrain about a tenth of a mile below the falls. A park search and rescue team recovered the body from the river the next day. The victim has been identified as Khan Nguyen, 40. More than 20 rescuers and a helicopter were employed in the recovery. The cause of death has not been determined, but drowning is presumed.
avatar Re: SEKI: Body Of Drowning Victim Recovered
July 15, 2010 05:07PM
Sad. Whenever we go to Yosemite, I always remark how many signs there are saying "Watch for Rocks" when it's usually the water that will get you.

When we were at Hetch Hetchy, at Wapama Falls, there was a father photographing his wife and their young daughter near the falls. OK, that wasn't so bad. But when they took the girl down under the bridge off rocks that even I would think twice about climbing down, too near the outlet into the reservoir (imo), that was too much for me. And apparently it was for the girl too, because she tossed a serious fit and was totally inconsolable, and they had to scrap their "great photo opp" and haul her back up to the trail.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login