Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Junction Campground, Tioga Pass

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Junction Campground, Tioga Pass
August 03, 2010 07:38PM
Hey guys, I'm gonna be coming into the Junction Campground the evening of Tuesday, August 17th, and I was wondering whether you guys thought I would have a problem getting a spot there. Let me know what you think!
avatar Re: Junction Campground, Tioga Pass
August 03, 2010 07:44PM
I've driven out at night and arrived around the Tioga Pass campgrounds (junction, ellery, sawmill, etc) on weeknights and everything has been packed. Latest try was two weeks ago on a thursday night. The only spot we found was at Lower Lee Vining creek crammed in between two RVs. Good luck. Best to get there before dark.
Re: Junction Campground, Tioga Pass
August 03, 2010 11:51PM
If you are entering from 395 I wouldn't even bother looking at the campgrounds around the pass because they will most definitely be full. I'd go straight to the Lee Vining creek campgrounds, I think there are 3 or 4 spread out a couple miles apart. The next day you can move up to the pass and snag a site when people leave.
avatar Re: Junction Campground, Tioga Pass
August 04, 2010 01:10AM
calipidder
I've driven out at night and arrived around the Tioga Pass campgrounds (junction, ellery, sawmill, etc) on weeknights and everything has been packed. Latest try was two weeks ago on a thursday night. The only spot we found was at Lower Lee Vining creek crammed in between two RVs. Good luck. Best to get there before dark.

I've been in both Porcupine Flat and Yosemite Creek on weekdays and have seen lots of empty spaces. YMMV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login