Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Old Priest Grade?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 03, 2010 07:04PM
I'm pretty sure the Old Priest Grade closure signs said through 9/3. It looked pretty close to done when I drove by last Sunday. Anyone know if it is opening on schedule or will I have to take the ^@#%^& long way on my way up tomorrow morning?

Thanks - C
September 03, 2010 07:36PM
You aren't gonna like this: " Old Priest Grade Road was scheduled to reopen September 14th but now the date has been changed to September 29th."

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1124329/Old-Priest-Grade-Almost-Complete.html
September 03, 2010 07:41PM
Well dang. Good thing I'll be driving it at stupid-o-clock in the morning. I've found that RVs and casual tourists aren't on the road until after Starbucks opens in Oakdale.
September 03, 2010 07:46PM
September 03, 2010 09:20PM
Thanks. I let the Mr plan this weekend (I just got 10 days of peak bagging and playing in the bear lakes basin in John Muir Wilderness while he had to work, thus my handing over the reigns to what he wants to do) and his itinerary includes Conness tomorrow, Tom on Sunday, and Starr (hey, easy) on Monday. We'll see how much of this actually happens vs how much we get distracted by the noms at Whoa Nellie and nice looking fishing along the way. smiling smiley
September 03, 2010 09:43PM
hmmm knowning that OPG is still not open, maybe I'll take 50 to 395( using Pioneer Trail to bypass South Shore, and then 207/Kingsbury Grade to cut over to Carson Valley ) instead of 120 to 395 for my Whitney trip next week. I've always liked the idea of a straight run down 395 instead of zig-zaging on various roads thru the Sierra. It wasn't much fun going up/down NPG last week. sad smiley
September 04, 2010 03:20AM
There's always Greeley Hill Road as an alternative. winking smiley
September 05, 2010 07:23PM
I prefer 88 to 50.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login