Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fall color 1 week ago, Eastern Sierras (caution, big pics)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Fall color 1 week ago, Eastern Sierras (caution, big pics)
October 11, 2010 10:21AM
Rock Creek, North Lake and the canyon of the South Fork of Bishop Creek, in that order. The south fork area, after all this snow, is probably shot, except for around mist falls. I'm going there this weekend, for LV and Lundy canyons, so I'll report back on that.

We'd never been to Rock Creek Lake at dawn before, and were completely alone. I was dealing with some exposure issues and use a P&S, so no polarizing option was available to me, and my camera doesn't allow for shutter control, so I get more gray/white skies than blue.

Good colors, but the distances were sort of large for my camera, so I tried for an 'overall' effect instead of startling, high-intensity close up color shots. We started shooting at about 0545 hours.

North Lake: as beautiful as it is, in season one really has to work to avoid all the over people there, countless fishermen and photographers, many of whom don't seem to understand that wearing bright red and/or white clothes might effect other peoples shots. This next one I took just to show on the north shore alone there are 13 people visible in the shot.

The other ones show that you have to choose different angles and looks to get in a good representative shot w/out being boring or showing other people

This one was taken standing in the middle of North Lake Creek, just as it leaves the lake, before it falls into the Sabrina Basin.

The extraordinary canyon of the South Fork of Bishop Creek. It was just going off!

The road to south lake, taken way above Willow Campground. You can just see my g/f, in black, on the road.

avatar Re: Fall color 1 week ago, Eastern Sierras (caution, big pics)
October 11, 2010 02:04PM
You have a good eye for photos. Thanks for posting.
October 11, 2010 02:50PM
I love the road to south lake one! Did you shoot with any filters for that??
October 11, 2010 05:23PM
bbb
I love the road to south lake one! Did you shoot with any filters for that??

No, it was shot on a low level Panasonic Lumix P&S and then worked on a little in Lightroom thereafter.

Thanks!
avatar Re: Fall color 1 week ago, Eastern Sierras (caution, big pics)
October 11, 2010 06:29PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login