All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines Campground
October 12, 2010 05:18PM
Does the NPS provide grill racks over the fire pits in Upper Pines campground? Also, is it a bad idea to have one camp site reserved for 7 individuals?
Re: Upper Pines Campground
October 12, 2010 05:24PM
I think that some have grill racks, but personally, I wouldn't count on it, or put my food on there. As long as you aren't noisy and causing a huge commotion, I don't think you'll have a problem with 7 in a site. Of course, no more than two cars.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2010 05:24PM by hotrod4x5.
avatar Re: Upper Pines Campground
October 12, 2010 05:56PM
hotrod4x5
I think that some have grill racks, but personally, I wouldn't count on it, or put my food on there. As long as you aren't noisy and causing a huge commotion, I don't think you'll have a problem with 7 in a site. Of course, no more than two cars.

We had them for our site:

It was really nasty and covered with crud. I'm not sure anything other than a caustic cleaning product was going to make it suitable for actually placing food directly on the grill. I would suggest maybe using aluminum foil and placing the grill a bit higher so as to not melt the foil.
avatar Re: Upper Pines Campground
October 12, 2010 05:29PM
waterpusher
Does the NPS provide grill racks over the fire pits in Upper Pines campground?

Yes, but you may want to clean them before use.

Also, is it a bad idea to have one camp site reserved for 7 individuals?

Unless you cause trouble nobody will notice.
Re: Upper Pines Campground
October 12, 2010 05:40PM
Thanks people!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login