All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite as Middle Earth (caution, bigger pics)
November 01, 2010 03:18PM
Just spent this weekend up in the valley and MAN, the weather was like nothing I've ever experienced for photography, at least. We had the extraordinary good luck to stumble upon a series of shifting weather systems in the Merced River Valley as seen juuuuust after one of the tunnels by Cascade Creek. It was like looking at the cover of a 70's Yes album, something straight out of fairy land. There were only three other photographers besides up there to capture it, and I hope theirs turn out. Never seen anything like it. I must have taken 40 shots in about 15 minutes, but I won't bore you w/them all. The light and mist were shifting so fast it was a little nerve wracking to keep up.

And a black & white that my g/f describes as 'Ansel Adams vacation in Mordor' (I'm still working on this one and may repost it later if it improves)

The foot of El Cap

A bearded guy pointing at a case of Fresca (not in Yosemite)

And finally a gratuitous shot of Fern Spring.

Re: Yosemite as Middle Earth (caution, bigger pics)
November 01, 2010 03:23PM
Incredible shots.
November 01, 2010 03:27PM
Just to show you folks what a great photographer (my g/f) with great equipment (a new Canon 5d) can do with the same material....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robinblackphotography/5136038064/#/photos/robinblackphotography/5136038064/lightbox/

Sorry, you'll have to click through, as her material is protected and I can't post it directly.
avatar Re: Yosemite as Middle Earth (caution, bigger pics)
November 02, 2010 10:31AM
Thanks for sharing.

This is exactly why I'm hesitant to not just go even if the weather looks iffy.
We have seen the same show in winter.

It's worth the price of admission.

Chick-on is looking at you!
November 02, 2010 11:27AM
chick-on
Thanks for sharing.

This is exactly why I'm hesitant to not just go even if the weather looks iffy.
We have seen the same show in winter.

It's worth the price of admission.

I'll be there at least twice this upcoming winter, although the east side gets most of our travel attention, and hopefully next time w/my xmas gift to myself, a new DSLR rig and system.

And since our family ranch is so damned close to the park, Thanksgiving may offer a chance for a quick sneak in, as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login