Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: My trip to the valley floor on 11/05/10

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar My trip to the valley floor on 11/05/10
November 06, 2010 04:10PM
I had a really good time... met a ton of people when i set up my telescope to watch the climbers on El Capitan.... i watched one (if not thee best) climbers in the world! (tommy caldwell) climb for a few hours... i counted two different groups climbing...

i was surprised to find that Uppper Pines Campground was full! i would have thought it to be no problem (this time of year) to get a space easily, but no way. lol next available places were Hogdon Meadows & Wawona.

the weather was perfect! Bridalveil Falls was flowing pretty good, so was Upper Yosemite, but not as much water as Bridalveil... meadows are dry now, but the colors every where are still beautiful.

there was construction on the way to Wawona, so traffic was occassionally stopped near the intersection where you pull over to the parking lot of Bridalveil Falls (but no big deal while i was there).

one thing i was surprised at, was how terrible the restrooms were at Yosemite Falls (the newer one's).. they normally are in clean condition, but there was toilet paper, wrappers and all kinds of crap (excuse the pun) all over the floors... some of the latches that lock the doors were either broken or missing... i could tell it wasn't something recent, but had been neglected for a while... very very dirty! i was really disappointed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 04:11PM by forrestranger.
avatar Re: My trip to the valley floor on 11/05/10
November 08, 2010 06:43AM
Mr. Ranger,
Was hoping to peek at a few of your photos. Cannot find your link anymore.
Get any good shots?

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: My trip to the valley floor on 11/05/10
November 08, 2010 09:36AM
Hmm, I thought I replied to this, must have gotten lost in cyberspace.

Anyway, here goes again. Even in the off season, it is a good idea to have reservations for Upper Pines. Since it is the only place open in the Valley, it can fill up. You'll get a non site specific reservation, but still, you have a site guaranteed.

I am surprised at the condition of those bathrooms, I used them in April and they were in good shape, I guess the summer took it's toll.
November 08, 2010 07:31PM
Chick;

this was probably the first time ever i went and didn't take a single photo. lolol i wanted to just look and have a good time without having a camera dangling from my neck all the time.
http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
November 08, 2010 07:33PM
Hotrod;

when i first entered the park, i asked if i would have any difficulty getting a space that night, she said "no problem at all", so i wasn't worried... little did SHE know. lol besides, i came ready to spend the night, but wasn't sure if i really wanted to, so i drove home once it got dark, i only live 2 1/2 hrs away and enjoy the drive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2010 07:34PM by forrestranger.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login