All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Valley Campground Reservations for Spring
November 15, 2010 12:48PM
Due to ongoing road construction projects and scheduling that will be occurring this spring in Yosemite, all reservations for Yosemite Valley Campground arrival dates of March 15-May 14, 2011 will go on sale on December 15, 2010 at 7am Pacific Time. There will be no sales for this time period for Yosemite Valley camping prior to December 15.
Re: Valley Campground Reservations for Spring
November 15, 2010 02:53PM
Typically don't the blocks open up 5 months in advance, one month at a time? So for March to be offered in Dec, isn't that early? I'm slightly confused.
avatar Re: Valley Campground Reservations for Spring
November 15, 2010 03:23PM
And what do "construction projects and scheduling" have to do with the reservation part of camping? The actual camping I can understand being effected, but not the reservations 5/6 months in advance.
?
Or are the people answering phones for reservations in the valley, and their commute to work is going to be messed up?
Re: Valley Campground Reservations for Spring
November 16, 2010 09:02AM
The camping reservations phone center is out of state, Utah I think. There must be some campgrounds or campground access roads that are going to be affected which may make some campgrounds or campsites affected during this time (closed), so they might not have a handle on when they can open these sites for the spring, and thus don't want to reserve sites at this time that may not be available in the spring (just a guess). Dec. 15 is the normal date for making 4/15 to 5/14 reservations. The March 15 to 4/14 reservation date got delayed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2010 07:31PM by mtn man.
avatar Re: Valley Campground Reservations for Spring
November 16, 2010 09:45AM
<light bulb>

gotcha! stated that way it makes sense. thanks for the response.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login