Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tioga Pass is Open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 16, 2010 12:23PM
SR 120
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
1-WAY CONTROLLED TRAFFIC AT VARIOUS LOCATIONS FROM 5.9 MI WEST TO 3.2 MI
WEST OF THE STANISLAUS/TUOLUMNE CO LINE FROM 0830 HRS TO 1530 HRS WEDNESDAY
THRU FRIDAY THRU 11/19/10 - DUE TO MAINTENANCE - MOTORISTS ARE SUBJECT TO
DELAYS OF UP TO 10 MINUTES
November 16, 2010 12:49PM
I just looked at the Caltrans page and it shows 120 is still closed over the pass.
November 16, 2010 01:00PM
Now they're showing it open again.
November 16, 2010 01:43PM
Louis
Now they're showing it open again.

Last time I looked there were two IP addresses for the site. One probably has to be update from the other and that takes time. I think I have http://yosemitenews.info/highway-status/ setup to get its data from the master.
November 16, 2010 01:57PM
It looks like Caltrans is alternating between open and closed. But I did confirm the road being open with a call to the park.
November 16, 2010 03:39PM
Thanks. I thought my computer had gone off the deep end or something. BTW, I just checked http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/mtnhwys.htm again and once more it says the pass is closed.
November 16, 2010 03:43PM
Louis
BTW, I just checked http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/mtnhwys.htm again and once more it says the pass is closed.

And a quick look here says it's open. eye rolling smiley
November 16, 2010 05:44PM
Put down a dollar and spin the wheel...where it stops nobody knows. Pounding head on desk
November 18, 2010 07:17AM
Louis
Put down a dollar and spin the wheel...where it stops nobody knows.

Drove over it last night so I can say it was open then. Lots of icy patches.
November 18, 2010 08:52AM
I ran into that problem a few years ago when they re-opened it after an early snow. Especially in TM there were some bad patches of ice.
November 18, 2010 07:49PM
Louis
I ran into that problem a few years ago when they re-opened it after an early snow. Especially in TM there were some bad patches of ice.

The meadows were quite frosty in the Valley this morning. No ice by the time I was there but quite a few sanded areas.
November 18, 2010 09:30AM
I took a drive over yesterday despite the CalTrans phone hotline saying it was closed. The phone recording from YNP said it was open. (The highway signs just out of Bishop were being changed to "120 OPEN" Tuesday afternoon...that's when I got the idea to take the drive.)

Yes, the road was icy through and just east of Tuolumne Meadows. And be careful if you pull off on a snowy shoulder...almost got stuck.

Beautiful day except for all of the jet traffic overhead (!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 09:33AM by hikerchick395.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login