All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Crane Flat Gas Closing?
December 14, 2010 08:46AM
I'm reading the latest Yosemite Guide for Dec 15-Jan 14 and it says that the Crane Flat gas station is going to be closing, effective Jan 3rd, with the exceptions of Jan 16-18 and Feb 13-15. What's going on? Are all valley visitors going to be forced to pay the super high prices in El Portal? Or drive to that little country store half way to Mariposa where the gas is always 10-20 cents lower than El Portal? I guess the wisest thing to do would be to top off in Mariposa or Oakhurst.
avatar Re: Crane Flat Gas Closing?
December 14, 2010 09:06AM
hotrod4x5
I'm reading the latest Yosemite Guide for Dec 15-Jan 14 and it says that the Crane Flat gas station is going to be closing, effective Jan 3rd, with the exceptions of Jan 16-18 and Feb 13-15. What's going on? Are all valley visitors going to be forced to pay the super high prices in El Portal? Or drive to that little country store half way to Mariposa where the gas is always 10-20 cents lower than El Portal? I guess the wisest thing to do would be to top off in Mariposa or Oakhurst.

Actually, the wisest thing is to carry a gas can (5 gallon, preferred) that you also fill when you top off before approaching the park. (Since my trips up to the park are usually via US395, for me that is in Bishop.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 09:12AM by szalkowski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login