All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Ed Armenta Named As New Inyo National Forest Supervisor
March 02, 2011 06:37PM
Ed Armenta Named As New Inyo National Forest Supervisor
Release Date: Mar 2, 2011 Bishop, CA
Contact(s): Nancy Upham

Ed Armenta has been selected as the next Forest Supervisor for the Inyo National Forest, Forest Service officials announced yesterday. Currently Armenta is the District Ranger of the Payson District of the Tonto National Forest in Arizona.

Born and raised in Southern California, Armenta graduated from Humboldt State University in 1983 with a degree in Wildlife Management. He began working for the Forest Service as a wildlife biologist trainee on the Plumas National Forest in Northern California in 1981, and moved to the Sequoia National Forest in 1990. He then promoted to Arizona serving as a Deputy District Ranger on the Prescott National Forest before becoming a District Ranger on the Tonto National Forest in 2000. During his last 10 years as District Ranger he also spent time on details as Acting Forest Supervisor on both the Lincoln and the Kaibab National Forests, in New Mexico and Arizona respectively.

Forest Service officials have noted that Armenta is particularly strong in working collaboratively with others to find common ground solutions and working in team settings. He has been actively engaged in EEO and Civil Rights programs, and has a strong fire and fuels management background.

"I am really excited to be coming to the Eastern Sierra to serve as the Inyo National Forest Supervisor," Armenta said. "I spent much of my early years fishing, camping and hiking there with my family, and it has been a lifelong dream to live and work in the Eastern Sierra. I am delighted to have been selected as the supervisor of one of the most beautiful national forests in the nation, with the huge abundance of recreation opportunities that it offers."

Ed and his wife Tambra have three grown daughters and one granddaughter.

A reporting date for Armenta has not been set yet, but it is anticipated to be this spring. Ed will replace Jim Upchurch who transferred to the Coronado National Forest in October of last year. Jon Regelbrugge will continue to serve as Acting Forest Supervisor until Armenta arrives.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login