Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Re: lower pines double 2

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

lower pines double 2
March 16, 2011 09:12AM
does anyone know if there are 2 bear lockers at the double sites? i looked at the pictures at yosemitecampsites.com and i only see 1.

thanks for any help!
March 16, 2011 09:37AM
Yes, see "notes" under the description of the site on the reservation system.
March 16, 2011 10:30AM
oh jeez, i didn't notice that. thanks!
March 26, 2011 11:02PM
Are there other group sites in the valley besides these? I didn't even know they existed. Might be easier to secure than two separate sites.
March 27, 2011 10:13AM
Pretty sure those are the only ones.
April 02, 2011 12:15AM
Yeah, I looked into a few days ago and couldn't find any other either for the valley. There are some pretty nice group sites outside of the valley though like in Tuolumne Meadows, but it requires really large groups.
April 02, 2011 10:49AM
Those are currently available for booking in July if anyone still need sites.
April 04, 2011 03:19PM
Tents are ok here right? I notice that it says RV site but in the description it mentions tents too.
April 18, 2011 12:21AM
Yes, tents are fine. Pretty much if you can find a place to pitch your tent on any campsite it will be ok, even if it says RV, you are ok.
May 09, 2011 09:09AM
If you read the description, tents are fine.
April 04, 2011 08:11PM
Tents are fine.....just need the minimum number of people.
April 04, 2011 08:40PM
emily2k
does anyone know if there are 2 bear lockers at the double sites? i looked at the pictures at yosemitecampsites.com and i only see 1.

Dbl-2 and dbl-3 appear to have 2 bear boxes. Dbl-1 looks like it only has one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 08:43PM by eeek.
April 04, 2011 10:50PM
eeek
emily2k

Dbl-2 and dbl-3 appear to have 2 bear boxes. Dbl-1 looks like it only has one.

The "notes" under the site description for DBL 1 on the reservation site say it has 2; apparently DBL 1 is two adjoining sites with a walkway joining the two and each site has a bear locker. Am I reading that correctly?
April 05, 2011 02:10AM
mtn man
apparently DBL 1 is two adjoining sites with a walkway joining the two and each site has a bear locker. Am I reading that correctly?

No, it's just one site with a driveway that's double the normal width.
April 05, 2011 08:05AM
I have stayed in Double 1 several times over the past few years and it is actually two sites joined by a walkway. They are the old sites 6 & 8. There is a bear box in each one. Double 2 and Double 3 are simply larger than normal widths.
April 18, 2011 04:01PM
These double sites are simple two sites labeled as one; there are two of everything.
May 01, 2011 10:05PM
Does anyone know how many vehicles they will allow in dbl2? I have a tent trailer and my brother has a 24ft so 4 vehicles total. Will they allow that. From the pictures I think we will fit no problem. If so then we could cancel his regular site reservation. Another question, my dad accidentally booked one of the disabled sites because it's one of the few that will accomodate his trailer. Will they keep him from using that site because he is not disabled?
May 01, 2011 11:47PM
Hi, I've booked and stayed in an accessible site before. According to the description of the accessible campsites on recreation.gov, "If no one in your party has needs for an accessible site, you may not reserve this site unless this is the only site available at the time of your request. Under this condition, If no one in your party has a disability, you may be asked after arrival to move to a non-accessible site during your stay, if a qualified party requests an accessible site and another non-accessible site is available". We all know how fast Yosemite Valley sites go, and people grab what is available .

I checked with the staff at the campground just to be sure, and there are no issues with booking or using the site. However, if there is someone who requests an accessible site that has the same exact reservation dates that you do, the staff will ask you to swap sites. Of course, I would be absolutely willing to move if needed! The hosts also said they hadn't had this situation come up before (this was last summer).

Not sure about the dbl2 site as I have never stayed in Lower Pines (many times in North Pines and a few in Upper Pines), but it is very close to Curry Village where there is additional parking if needed. Many groups with more cars than the sites allow park here overnight and walk back.
May 02, 2011 06:05AM
Yeah I know i have always seen that area at curry village that looks like overflow parking. I'm just worried that they won't want two trailers in the same site even if one is the size of a large tent. Thanks for the info.
May 06, 2011 01:01AM
Based on the description, you are guaranteed a spot. You may be asked to swap but it appears highly unlikely since the disabled party must also have a campsite to swap with or an unoccupied site in the campground.
May 06, 2011 03:00PM
If it is the only site available, book it. You are guaranteed a spot. You might be asked to swap a site, but it is unlikely since the campgrounds.
May 08, 2011 11:01PM
I like this option better than state parks. Many times, the accessible sites become unused/unoccupied if it had a requiremnt. Luckily, Yosemite thought it though.
May 09, 2011 08:40AM
Very true. it is not like you are taking spaces away from the disabled. If they have a spot and wnat yours, they are free to swap.
May 02, 2011 09:47AM
In the past they have not counted a trailer as a "vehicle". So you could put two cars and a trailer in a normal campsite. The DBL2 site says 3 vehicles max. which would mean three motor vehicles max. plus whatever trailer you can stuff in there. Normally the staff doesn't bother you if you keep all vehicles wheels on the driveway/pad, not hanging out onto the road, etc. I have many times over the years put a motorhome, trailer, and a Suv in one site and they never said anything. Luckily the pad was big enough to fit all three. But to be safe I would call the campground office in the valley to double check as things do change.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2011 09:49AM by mtn man.
May 09, 2011 12:29AM
The general rule is if it fits, they won't bother you. Call the rangers at the campground, they usually have some idea.
May 09, 2011 10:23AM
eddy
The general rule is if it fits, they won't bother you.

And if it doesn't fit, you can't have it in the campsite.
May 03, 2011 04:26PM
With the two driveways you can put the tent trailer in one, and the travel trailer in the other. You could even fit both in the second driveway if you wanted, even though it would be cramped. I have stayed in this camp site before. Your only issue is you need to be coming back the other way of the loop to be able to easily back into the space. The second loop is okay to loop around with a trailer, don't try the first small loop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login