Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Yosemite shutdown

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 06, 2011 12:38PM
It's looking more and more like there will not be a budget passed on time. If it doesn't get passed, the park will close on Friday.
April 06, 2011 04:10PM
Great! I'm supposed to start Monday.
April 06, 2011 04:26PM
Dave
Great! I'm supposed to start Monday.

Maybe you will.
Re: Yosemite shutdown
April 06, 2011 06:52PM
For information about Delaware North Reservations check-out: http://yosemitepark.com/national-parks-advisory-2011.aspx
avatar Federal shutdown would hit California hard
April 07, 2011 12:01AM
The Border Patrol would remain on duty, mail would be delivered, and Social Security checks should go out on time. But a looming government shutdown could stall tax refunds, close national parks and museums, and put tens of thousands of Californians temporarily out of work.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/06/MNRS1IRE0M.DTL
April 07, 2011 08:12AM
Damn it! I just got here yesterday..

Girlfriend is doing her job interview today, then we'll hopefully be seeing some Redwoods, waterfalls, wildflowers, etc. But if this shutdown happens, I guess we'll be using state parks to see all those things.
April 07, 2011 10:50AM
dqniel
Damn it! I just got here yesterday..
Why did you bring the snow with you?

Girlfriend is doing her job interview today, then we'll hopefully be seeing some Redwoods, waterfalls, wildflowers, etc. But if this shutdown happens, I guess we'll be using state parks to see all those things.
You can still see them this weekend. Also, the Hite's Cove Trail will be open. There is always the Nelder Grove just off of Hwy 41. Lots of nice trees and wildflowers. It's the only place I've seen striped and spotted coral root growing next to each other.
April 07, 2011 10:56AM
And there is always the infamous view of Half Dome from Turlock. In fact, tomorrow could actually be a good day for that it you brought your big telephoto lens!
April 07, 2011 12:01PM
Bearproof
And there is always the infamous view of Half Dome Curry Frat from Turlock. In fact, tomorrow could actually be a good day for that it you brought your big telephoto lens!
April 07, 2011 12:07PM
The day after a cold front rainstorm a good day for spotting Yosemite from a distance is it? Might have to try that... I have my Sony A55 and 300mm telephoto with me on this trip.
avatar House passes measure to keep government open another week
April 07, 2011 01:27PM
April 08, 2011 08:00PM
I just heard John Boehner told other GOP members that a deal has been made.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login