All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Traffic Delays on the El Portal Road (140)
April 11, 2011 12:55PM
Traffic delays have begun on the El Portal Road to stabilize a rock slide area near Dog Rock (approx. 0.25 miles east of the western park entrance). The contractor works from sun-up to sun-down, Monday thru Friday, with up to 30-minute delays (except during the commuter hours of 6:30 and 8:30 AM in the mornings and 4:00 to 6:00 PM in the afternoon, when there will be a maximum of 15 minute delays). The contractor will have one lane traffic control with flaggers. This project includes rock scaling and bolting to help stabilize an area that slid during the December 30, 2010 storm and again during March's storm event. The current schedule is to have the work completed prior to Easter.
avatar Re: Traffic Delays on the El Portal Road (140)
April 11, 2011 07:15PM
I went through it 4 times today. Five minute delay at the most. CalTrans crews on 140 in the canyon posed more of a delay.
Re: Traffic Delays on the El Portal Road (140)
April 18, 2011 03:33PM
A buddy of mine told me the delays weren't bad either. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login