Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Mariposa Grove Road Open

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 15, 2011 11:18AM
Mariposa Grove Road to Open in Yosemite National Park
Scott Gediman 209-372-0248
Kari Cobb 209-372-0529

The Mariposa Grove Road in Yosemite National Park will open for the season Friday, April 15, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. The road provides visitor access to the Mariposa Grove of Big Trees, the largest grove of Giant Sequoia in Yosemite National Park. The road is located near the park’s South Entrance, on Highway 41. Some commercial services within the Mariposa Grove will open later in the day. Additionally, tram tours are slated to begin operating over the next several weeks. There are vault toilets available in the parking area. Visitors are urged to drive with caution as snow and ice may still be present on the road. The Mariposa Grove Road may intermittently close due to weather conditions.
Re: Mariposa Grove Road Open
April 17, 2011 10:29PM
I was really hoping to see the Mariposa Grove when I was in Yosemite last week, but my tour bus did not stop there and the shuttle was not running yet. Just one more reason for me to visit Yosemite again some day. smiling smiley
April 18, 2011 02:36PM
Yeah, it is definitely worth a second visit. Every time I go, I always feel like I haven't seen everything I wanted to see. I find it takes a few years for me to check things off my list.
avatar Re: Mariposa Grove Road Open
April 19, 2011 01:21AM
jackolive
Yeah, it is definitely worth a second visit. Every time I go, I always feel like I haven't seen everything I wanted to see. I find it takes a few years for me to check things off my list.
You could easily spend years exploring Yosemite and still not have seen everything. There's a LOT more than just the valley.
April 18, 2011 03:47PM
I'm sorry, you were only short a week!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login