All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Road Construction to Resume on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park
April 18, 2011 12:59PM
Road Construction to Resume on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park
Date: April 15, 2011

Road construction on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park is set to resume on Monday, April 18, 2011. The construction, which began in May 2010, was suspended in November due to snow and ice on the road.

Visitors traveling into Yosemite via Highway 41/Wawona Road will experience up to 15 minute delays from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and up to 30 minute delays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Additionally, up to 15 minute delays will be experienced from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and up to 30 minute delays from 4:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. All delays will occur Monday through Friday. There will be no weekend delays.

The goal of this construction project is to improve 24.4 miles of the Wawona Road starting from the South Entrance of Yosemite National Park and ending at Bridalveil Straight in Yosemite Valley. Remaining work to be completed includes ditch paving, headwall repairs, sign repairs, crosswalk striping, and other minor grinding and paving of the roadway.
Re: Road Construction to Resume on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park
April 18, 2011 02:02PM
Seems like there is a lot of road construction going on. I hope they are all done by the time summer starts.
avatar Re: Road Construction to Resume on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park
April 19, 2011 01:19AM
ick! I STILL have Wawona Road dust/mud on the car ( lazy me, I haven't cleaned the car since last summer )
Re: Road Construction to Resume on the Wawona Road in Yosemite National Park
April 18, 2011 03:54PM
Personally, I am glad they are working on them now as opposed to later. Makes me feel a bit safer driving up in eleveation too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login