Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Some of my recent shots from the park

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Some of my recent shots from the park
April 18, 2011 03:30PM
Finally figured out a better solution for posting pics.

From 4/9, near Bridalveil Falls:

From 4/10 late in the day...

April 18, 2011 06:04PM
Nice shots. They are always welcomed :-).
April 18, 2011 06:29PM

Bridalveil!
April 18, 2011 06:29PM
yep, picasa works pretty good for different sizes.
April 18, 2011 06:33PM
Saturday afternoon when it started to snow on us, and then started to break off.

April 24, 2011 03:48PM
Great photo. That is one thing I love about Yosemite, the weather changes so much, and Yosemite changes with the seasons.
April 18, 2011 07:06PM
Now that is a beautiful shot too. I need to make it up there during the winter one of these days.
April 21, 2011 02:42PM
Bridalveil Falls is amazing. I love the snow on the rocks.
April 18, 2011 08:06PM
Those are great shots. I can't imagine how much hiking through the cold and snow to get to some of these.
April 18, 2011 09:06PM
Marksm
Those are great shots. I can't imagine how much hiking through the cold and snow to get to some of these.

You could have done it. It's hardly 1/4 of a mile to Bridalveil, the rest were taken from roadside.
April 18, 2011 10:14PM
That doesn't sound bad at all. Pictures often intimidate me, especially these rare glimpses in nature. Were there a lot of people walking about?
April 19, 2011 07:51AM
It's Yosemite. You don't get to stop along the road without people - I was standing in front of the car, behind me there were six other cars, with Japanese tourists pouring out of them. Lots of folks slipping around the trail up to the falls, too, and the parking area was filling up as we got our boots on. But there was not as many as there will be in summer.
April 19, 2011 11:47AM
Yeah. There seem to always be a lot if tourist from outside the country. Ok, if the can make it during the cold months, I must try someday too.
April 19, 2011 05:46PM
The one of Bridalveil is beautiful !
avatar Re: Some of my recent shots from the park
April 19, 2011 06:43PM
Thanks for the sharing the pics, and that goes for everyone who posts pics here. It really makes this site great to see the pics that everyone takes (especially that tasty morsel chick-on, who if I catch in the backcountry, i plan to bbq...just kidding). But seriously, I do appreciate being able to come here and see the awesome pics that everyone takes and is willing to share. It helps me make it through the long rough days at work when I know my next backcountry visit is weeks away.

As for the valley, unless I have friends that are coming from out of town and insist on doing the tourist thing, I avoid it like the plague in the summer. I was up there right after they reopened after being closed, and that was the least amount of tourists I have ever seen in Valley. It was the first time that I have ever been alone at the base of Bridalveil falls, of course being that it was all ice walking up might have helped keep people away. The park really is beautiful in all seasons.
April 19, 2011 09:11PM
My favorite time to be there is in the rain or a light snow - the clouds and variable sunshine make it perfect picture time, and the precip drives everyone else indoors - the tourists, mostly. There were still a lot of people about, but nothing like it would have been.
April 20, 2011 10:48AM
I guess I'm like a tourist. I usually prefer to be indoors when it rains or snow. However I do love watching the rain and snow from inside.
avatar Re: Some of my recent shots from the park
April 20, 2011 06:06PM
Get some wet weather gear and go outside and feel the elements. With proper gear you will be very comfortable. It doesn't have to cost much.

Old Dude
April 22, 2011 12:49PM
Good idea. Based on the forecast, it may rain this weekend. I am going to pick up some gear. A little water is not going to stop me!
April 30, 2011 12:52PM
So how was your trip in the rain? Were there any closures?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login