All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 04, 2011 01:00PM
The Yosemite Valley Stables will be opening for the season on Friday, May 6th. They will be offering 2-hour rides 3 times every day - 9am-11am, 12noon-2pm, and 3pm-5pm. Reservations are recommended. Guests need to arrive at the Stables one hour prior to departure. Call 372-8348 for more information.
avatar Re: Yosemite Valley Stables
May 04, 2011 01:07PM
Are they also going to offer the half-day rides to Clark Point and the full-day rides to near the sub-dome of Half Dome this year?
Re: Yosemite Valley Stables
May 04, 2011 01:16PM
I've done a 2 hour in the valley and I think the four hour in Toulumne, the high country one was the most enjoyable with better views.
May 06, 2011 01:41AM
What do you mean the high country one? I have always wanted to go horse back riding in Yosemtie, but it is a bit pricey.
May 06, 2011 04:32AM
camper68
What do you mean the high country one? I have always wanted to go horse back riding in Yosemtie, but it is a bit pricey.

There are stables in Tuolumne Meadows.

Approximately 0.1 mile E of the bridge across the Tuolumne River, on the N side of the Tioga Road, there is the Lembert Dome parking area. The road that intersects the Tioga Road there continues NW and heads to the Soda Springs trailhead parking, located at the locked gate. (Point of information: this section of the road, and its continuation past the gate over toward Parsons Lodge, is actually part of the Old Tioga Road.) Take the right-hand turn at the gate and follow the road to its terminus at the stables.

See page 5 on the following link for contact information:
http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/upload/yg08-1.pdf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2011 07:41AM by szalkowski.
May 09, 2011 08:52AM
Thank-you for the clarification. I rarely venture that way, but for horse back riding, it might be worth it.
May 06, 2011 01:17PM
Would you happen to know when the Toulumne Stables will open?
May 06, 2011 02:00PM
It's usually within a month AFTER Tioga Road opens for the season.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login