Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Goodale and Tuttle Creek Campgrounds Closed for Construction

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Goodale and Tuttle Creek Campgrounds Closed for Construction
May 13, 2011 03:52PM
Goodale and Tuttle Creek campgrounds in the southern Owens Valley will be closed until mid-summer for construction.

“This closure will allow workers to install tables, fire rings, restrooms and other amenities,” said Jeff Yanez, civil engineering tech in the Bureau of Land Management’s Bishop Field Office.

In addition to Goodale and Tuttle Creek, campgrounds at Horton Creek and Crowley Lake north of Bishop may be closed at times this summer to allow similar rehabilitation. Due to the unknown start and end dates of this project, the Long Term Visitor Area permits will be available for purchase on a “month to month” basis. Permits can be purchased for $100 (per month) at the White Mountain Ranger Station in Bishop or the Interagency Visitor Center in Lone Pine.

“We realize the temporary loss of camping in your favorite sites will be an inconvenience; however we hope that when the improvements are made and the campgrounds are reopened next season you will appreciate and enjoy the new updated changes,” Yanez said.

For campground updates and information please contact Yanez at (760) 872-5026 or Becky Hutto at (760) 872-5008, Monday through Friday.
avatar Re: Goodale and Tuttle Creek Campgrounds Closed for Construction
May 13, 2011 05:59PM
I've always loved Horton and Tuttle creek campgrounds. If I have to stay in one it might as well be one of those. Usually quiet and uncrowded, a nice place to crash the night before and after an eastside backpacking trip. I've always enjoyed the sparse amenities - no running water and basic facilities probably is what keeps the crowd down. Not sure what they'll be upgrading and I hope it doesn't lead to more people.

Spent Christmas 2010 in Tuttle Creek.

Christmas Morning sunrise:

(from inside my tent - got cold and had to crawl back in my sleeping bag. Still couldn't stop with the pictures):
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login