Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mono Inn reopening

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 18, 2011 04:42PM
The historic Mono Inn, closed since 2008, will reopen this Friday.

http://www.monolake.org/today/2011/05/18/mono-inn-reopening-on-may-20/
May 18, 2011 06:12PM
I'm glad to see this happen.
May 18, 2011 06:32PM
There used to be an Ansel Adams studio there. Does anyone know if that will be part of the re-openeing?
May 18, 2011 06:50PM
mtn man
There used to be an Ansel Adams studio there. Does anyone know if that will be part of the re-openeing?

You can email historicmonoinn@hotmail.com to find out.
May 19, 2011 06:58AM
I didn't even know it was closed. But I always wondered if there was enough tourism in the area to support a place like that. IIRC, it was kinda pricey. When I go to Mono lake, the last thing I generally do is have a high dollar dinner. But to each his own.
May 19, 2011 10:04AM
Maybe it depends if you made or lost money in Vegas. winking smiley

I know a number of people who live in the Owens Valley and are in the tourist business.

According to them, a lot of tourist's itineraries in the summer tend to be to fly into Las Vegas, then travel to Death Valley, Yosemite, and finally San Francisco and the wine country, then fly back home.

So those feeling rich leaving Las Vegas might like to splurge for dinner afterwards...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login