Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Sonora Pass is Closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 28, 2011 10:04PM
SR 108
[IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
IS CLOSED FROM 7.2 MI EAST OF STRAWBERRY TO 5.3 MI WEST OF THE
JCT OF US 395 /SONORA PASS/ (TUOLUMNE,MONO CO) - DUE TO SNOW - MOTORISTS
ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE
May 29, 2011 07:19AM
Also Ebbetts and Monitor.
avatar Re: Sonora Pass is Closed
May 29, 2011 02:51PM
Looks like Ebbetts and Monitor reopened, Sonora's still closed, according to the CalTrans site. It was nice of CalTrans to open Sonora Pass just so I could get to Mammoth to go skiing, before quickly closing it again. Hopefully they'll reopen it tomorrow late afternoon so I can get back across with a lot fewer miles.
May 29, 2011 05:05PM
ttilley
Looks like Ebbetts and Monitor reopened, Sonora's still closed, according to the CalTrans site. It was nice of CalTrans to open Sonora Pass just so I could get to Mammoth to go skiing, before quickly closing it again. Hopefully they'll reopen it tomorrow late afternoon so I can get back across with a lot fewer miles.

It looks like they have had snow showers up there most of the day. Heck, we've had snow showers most of the day at Tahoe. Probably depends on what happens tonight. You may not know for sure until you get to the turnoff for 108 tomorrow.
May 29, 2011 05:07PM
Louis
ttilley

It looks like they have had snow showers up there most of the day. Heck, we've had snow showers most of the day at Tahoe. Probably depends on what happens tonight. You may not know for sure until you get to the turnoff for 108 tomorrow.

We were going to hike today but decided against it due to the weather. So we went to Death Valley and got rained on there.
May 29, 2011 06:47PM
eeek
Louis
ttilley

We were going to hike today but decided against it due to the weather. So we went to Death Valley and got rained on there.

It's not often someone gets rained on in Death Valley.
May 29, 2011 06:51PM
Louis
eeek
Louis
ttilley

Especially when it's not a thunder storm.
May 29, 2011 09:55PM
Louis

The view from Bad Water:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/dvnp/sh-dsc_1568.jpg.html
May 29, 2011 10:01PM
I've been rained upon in Death Valley, but never in late May. Once was in late February, and last year in March.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login