Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Guess What's Coming Tuesday

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Guess What's Coming Tuesday
May 29, 2011 07:16PM
Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Breezy, with a south wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Breezy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to between 5 and 10 mph. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.

Wednesday: Snow showers likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Wednesday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Thursday: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 49.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Snow level 6600 feet. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Friday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.

Friday Night: A slight chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.

Saturday: A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 57.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
avatar Re: Guess What's Coming Tuesday
May 29, 2011 07:17PM
More of this?

May 29, 2011 07:24PM
eeek
More of this?

That must be what followed you to Death Valley and became rain.
May 29, 2011 07:34PM
Louis

Sort of. Owens Valley was clear but the rain/snow was still up in the Sierra. Took this out the window from our room this morning:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/misc/sh-dsc_1490.jpg.html

Those clouds may not look like much but they're just like what we had at Tioga the day before.
May 29, 2011 07:53PM
eeek
Louis

Sort of. Owens Valley was clear but the rain/snow was still up in the Sierra. Took this out the window from our room this morning:

Those clouds may not look like much but they're just like what we had at Tioga the day before.

I recognize that place. Got surprised by a late season snowstorm there. Had just gotten back from the Alabama Hills.
May 29, 2011 07:59PM
eeek
Louis

that's exactly how it looked like the last time I was at Mt. Whitney. By the end of the day, it was dark gray all over with some mean clouds hovering over.
May 29, 2011 08:22PM
sactown23
that's exactly how it looked like the last time I was at Mt. Whitney. By the end of the day, it was dark gray all over with some mean clouds hovering over.

And this is how it looked as we were driving back from getting snowed on at Tioga (and some at Deadman Summit as well):

Mt. Tom

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/misc/sh-dsc_1483.jpg.html
May 29, 2011 07:49PM
May 29, 2011 07:50PM
May 30, 2011 09:29AM
Not necessarily. Twice now I have gone somewhere and the forecast was thunderstorms or rain, and it has snowed. (first time was the coast, in Ventana Wilderness; second time was Yosemite.)

I got up there and was nearly turned around by chain requirements! Fifteen minutes later at Wawona gas station, we were asking about cables and told we didn't need them. It was a fifteen minute chain requirement on 41 going into the valley. We drove in and hiked, and were snowed on most of the day, rained on in the afternoon. (I had called at 6 am and at that time there was R-0 on 41. 120 was R-2.)

From now on if the forecast is rain I'm going prepped for snow. At least mentally. We had ponchos and I had an umbrella, could have sold that umbrella to 50 or so unprepared tourists yesterday!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2011 09:31AM by AlmostThere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login