Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Campsite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 31, 2011 08:31AM
i have a paid campsite for this thursday (June 2nd) , but i might not be able to make it... if i don't make it, is anyone interested in having it? it's in Hodgdon Meadow (1 night only).

email me at: forresthickman@comcast.net

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 08:34AM by forrestranger.
May 31, 2011 12:24PM
Turn it back in to reservations.

Old Dude
May 31, 2011 02:16PM
I agree. I doubt anyone is planning a last-minute trip to Hodgdon Meadows for this week. Isn't it supposed to snow again? It's been cold and rainy here off and on all day, and I heard a rumor that we're getting thundershowers tomorrow. sad smiley

Appreciate the offer, but it would be better to get your $10 back while you can. smiling smiley
May 31, 2011 03:35PM
Just put it on craigslist, i'm sure it will get noticed.
May 31, 2011 04:35PM
oakroscoe
Just put it on craigslist, i'm sure it will get noticed.

smiling smiley

Yeah, put it up on the black market. Say you will throw in a slab o bacon and a pair of sunglasses.
It'll go quickly.

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 31, 2011 04:44PM
Depending on the size of the slab of bacon I may make a bid.
May 31, 2011 08:13PM
chicagocwright

As well as if it was range fed ... organic ... free range hogs ... no bio-engineered feed used ... fed with pure laboratory tested water ... and not subject to excessive noise pollution ... and lastly, tested to insure no lingering traces of Xenon bio-assitopes .. or argon ionized surfactants ...

(ie, another thread that touched on radioactive thoughts ...)

having passed all those litmus tests I outlined, I may consider accepting the bacon as part of a bonus for the campsite ...
June 01, 2011 05:29PM
chicagocwright

Bacon? I'm definitely in then. on second thought, I'll just take the bacon and pass on staying at Hogdon.
June 01, 2011 05:30PM
Is it really that bad?
June 01, 2011 05:35PM
June 01, 2011 05:37PM
itchbay
Is it really that bad?

Not just Hogdon, but all the campsites I'm not a fan of. I prefer the solitude of the backcountry.
May 31, 2011 04:47PM
Actually I like the idea of one of our fellow group members offering a campsite to our fellow members that he/she can't use. There is a legal, and within the rules, way to help a member take over a campsite. If none of us wants it then it can be easily canceled by the posting person.
May 31, 2011 06:16PM
I agree. And I'd do the same to my friends (RL or online) with any campsite I wasn't going to use. I just don't think anyone will be wanting to camp anytime soon, unless they like snow camping. smiling smiley
May 31, 2011 06:18PM
I don't think camp site reservations are transferable.

Old Dude
June 01, 2011 08:27AM
They are. It's against the rules to advertise them, but not to give them to friends. That's the exploitable loophole the scalpers are using.
May 31, 2011 04:59PM
I like the idea also. I halfway thought of suggesting we all go in on June 1 to get as many of the September Half Dome permits as possible. We could do a better job of fairly distributing them then the current system. And it would keep them away from the scalpers.
May 31, 2011 06:16PM
That wasn't quite what I was getting at. I was referring to the situation where a forum member may have reserved a site 5 months ago or so thinking they themselves were going to use the site but then something came up where they couldn't, that before they cancel the site they would offer it to forum members (there's a way of doing this that is totally within the rules. It doesn't involve transferring or trading or selling or anything like that). I'm not suggesting members go into the reservation system and grab as many sites/permits as possible and then offer them up to forum members later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2011 08:48PM by mtn man.
May 31, 2011 07:02PM
forrestranger
i have a paid campsite for this thursday (June 2nd) , but i might not be able to make it... if i don't make it, is anyone interested in having it? it's in Hodgdon Meadow (1 night only).

email me at: [email protected]
What am I missing? Aren't you aware of the campaign to stop this kind of thing?
June 01, 2011 08:31AM
Not to give an unused campsite to a friend, online or otherwise. The campaign is to stop people from snatching up as many sites and permits they can get and then SELLING them for a gross profit.
May 31, 2011 07:35PM
I agree with you Mountain Man. My "halfway" thought is half-baked and only expressing frustration with the overall Half Dome permit process..

Good luck tomorrow morning to those trying to get permits. They will be gone in minutes.
June 01, 2011 11:06AM
chicagocwright
I agree with you Mountain Man. My "halfway" thought is half-baked and only expressing frustration with the overall Half Dome permit process..

Good luck tomorrow morning to those trying to get permits. They will be gone in minutes.
What do you mean? Do the permits open up a couple months in advance on the 1st or something?
June 01, 2011 11:11AM
Yes. June 1, at 7am, for permits in Sept and Oct.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdpermits.htm
June 01, 2011 11:29AM
So the ads appearing today for permits in Sept, they JUST got them???
June 01, 2011 11:32AM
hotrod4x5
So the ads appearing today for permits in Sept, they JUST got them???

Yep.
June 01, 2011 12:45PM
itchbay
Yes. June 1, at 7am, for permits in Sept and Oct.

http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/hdpermits.htm

The October permits go on sale July 1 at 7 am.
June 01, 2011 04:46PM
Oh, ha! Yes. Whose idea was it to make two months in a row with the same number of letters and starts with J and U? winking smiley
June 01, 2011 04:47PM
itchbay
Oh, ha! Yes. Whose idea was it to make two months in a row with the same number of letters and starts with J and U? winking smiley

Some Roman dude?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login