Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: RV Sites in Upper Pines, no tent option?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

RV Sites in Upper Pines, no tent option?
June 12, 2011 10:14PM
I've never made a reservation for a tent before. I chose a site that was called an RV site, there was no tent option in the drop down for equipment. I just put pop up and made the reservation. What does that mean? They think there isn't room to put up a tent, but you can fit a 25 ft trailer? Will I have to maybe put my tent on the parking pad? It's site 22 btw.
June 13, 2011 07:46AM
hotrod4x5
I've never made a reservation for a tent before. I chose a site that was called an RV site, there was no tent option in the drop down for equipment. I just put pop up and made the reservation. What does that mean? They think there isn't room to put up a tent, but you can fit a 25 ft trailer? Will I have to maybe put my tent on the parking pad? It's site 22 btw.

Campsite pictures show room behind the pad and near the bear box for a tent. No problem. Scroll down further on the descripion of the campsite under "notes" and you'll see "it holds a tent or RV".

Give us a good description of the flooding and pictures, if possible, (don't forget site 60 in Lower Pines). Thanks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 07:47AM by mtn man.
June 13, 2011 07:47AM
I got a second night, so should have time to snap some photos of sites and get some info.
June 13, 2011 07:58AM
Current forecasts show highest water to be approx. 3 a.m. this thurs. morning, 2nd highest to be weds. morning about the same time. The level drops during the day by about a foot and a half by 6pm, then starts to rise again. On Thurs. morning early it might be interesting to go down to Swinging Bridge as the water may be going over the wooden planks.
June 13, 2011 08:20AM
Cool, thanks for that info. We are there Tues-Thurs, so hope to see some flooding.
avatar Re: RV Sites in Upper Pines, no tent option?
June 13, 2011 08:30AM
hotrod4x5

I've run into this when making a reservation for a number of sites in all 3 of the Valley campgrounds over the years, and just ignore it.
I do the same thing you do, select "pop up" (as a tent does pop up eye rolling smiley) and list the dimensions of my tent. I have never been questioned
about it once I arrived in all these years. Not sure why they exclude tent as an equipment choice on the pull-down menu for some sites,
but in a few I've stayed in, there admittedly has not been a lot of real estate to pitch a larger tent. The only thing I can figure is that
some folks squawked once they arrived about a lack of tent space in these sites, and maybe they got tired of hearing the complaints,
and amended the selection template for these sites to minimize the complaints a bit?
June 17, 2011 11:13PM
Site 22 was VERY nice! We pitched our tent under a blooming dogwood tree. Our third night was in 196, and it is NOT tent friendly at all. No shade, slope, rocks, etc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login