Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Half Dome permit cancellation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Half Dome permit cancellation
June 17, 2011 09:48AM
My group and I will likely be changing our travel plans for next week. We were planning to go to Yosemite next Thursday but, instead, it looks like we're headed to Kings Canyon. We have eight permits to climb Half Dome on Saturday, June 25. Once our change of plans is confirmed (probably by next Tuesday) I will be canceling our permits online. I'm not sure how long it will take for the permits to be available for someone else after I cancel. Just wanted to give a heads up in case any of you would be interested in grabbing them.
Re: Half Dome permit cancellation
June 17, 2011 09:56AM
instead of releasing them to potential scalpers, there is a blog dedicated to people who request half dome permits for various dates

http://mrhalfdome.wordpress.com/2011/03/01/to-get-or-give-permits-click-here/

*CTRL+F* and input June 25 and it will go through people who need june 25th permits

I would do that if I were releasing permits back into the wild.
June 20, 2011 08:53AM
buenovi
We were planning to go to Yosemite next Thursday but, instead, it looks like we're headed to Kings Canyon.

FYI:
Just got back from Kings.
The river is roaring.
Be prepared for some scrambling on any hikes due to flooded trail sections and deadfall.
(An impressive deadfall section was encountered about 2 miles along the Woods Creek trail after leaving Upper Paradise Valley. A ranger that we talked with on our hike out told us that the people who bothered to pick their way through that section were eventually turning around because they were unwilling to attempt the creek crossing at the far end of Castle Dome Meadow.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 08:56AM by szalkowski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login