Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Car A/C recharge in Bishop?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Car A/C recharge in Bishop?
July 03, 2011 02:46PM
A friend just posted a message asking for an A/C recharge service in Bishop. I dunno much more than that at the point. I know she doesn't live there, but I suspect she's on a trip in the area and her A/C is bonked.

Any advice? I mean, other than what she's already heard about rolling down the windows and sitting on a bucket of ice. smiling smiley
July 03, 2011 03:50PM
Good luck on finding anyone open today or tomorrow. The open window and ice are probably the only solution if she's headed south. If going north it'll be nice when she hits the top of Sherwin Grade.
avatar Re: Car A/C recharge in Bishop?
July 03, 2011 03:51PM
What make & model is her vehicle?

There are a couple of new car dealerships in Bishop that have a service department. IIRC, there's a Ford and a Toyota dealer located in Bishop. Doing a quick search, I think the GM dealer is no longer in business. Also there are number of other auto repair options, though I can't make any personal recommendations since I've never used their services while over there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2011 06:04PM by plawrence.
avatar Re: Car A/C recharge in Bishop?
July 03, 2011 03:54PM
We had some basic work done once at Bishop Automotive and it was fine. Behind the chevron on the way out of town to the north.
July 03, 2011 04:03PM
calipidder
We had some basic work done once at Bishop Automotive and it was fine. Behind the chevron on the way out of town to the north.

Yes they are good and very fairly priced. But they are closed Sundays and I imagine tomorrow. Blew a fan belt on a July Sat. late afternoon last year on Sherwin Grade. They were the only ones open that late on a Sat. Luckily they found a fan belt from a parts house that was just closing for the weekend. Fixed me up and got me on my way to Mono Village at Twin Lakes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2011 04:05PM by mtn man.
July 04, 2011 11:39AM
Perry Motors in Bishop (old Chevy dealer) still does work on GM/Chevy vehicles. They also sell and repair Hondas.
July 04, 2011 01:58PM
I don't know if there's one in Bishop, but Pep Boys is open today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login