Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

NPR Reports on Scalping in Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

NPR Reports on Scalping in Yosemite
July 07, 2011 07:37AM
Nothing new to report that we don't already know - except that the report "infers" that Craiglist is flagging campsite sales quickly - I don't really believe that - I think people on this forum are doing that - Some people paying as much as 6 times the price - $120 a night - and no detail on what exactly the Park has done to handle the problem

Read here:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/07/137496875/yosemite-cracks-down-on-campsite-scalpers

Listen here:
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=137496875&m=137666919
Re: NPR Reports on Scalping in Yosemite
July 07, 2011 09:16AM
Thanks for the links. I heard the teaser this morning at the top of the hour while driving to work (6AM here on the east coast) but got to work before the piece aired. I wondered if they said anything about this web sites actions. Guess not.
Re: NPR Reports on Scalping in Yosemite
July 07, 2011 10:47AM
My wife called me earlier today and said that just as she was getting out of the car at work, she heard something on NPR about Yosemite but didn't have time to listen. I told her, don't worry, if it's about Yosemite, it'll be on the forum before I'm able to look it up on the NPR site.

Gotta love this forum!
Bowing to his greatness
avatar Re: NPR Reports on Scalping in Yosemite
July 07, 2011 10:55AM

There's already self-policing going on as well. Since the problem came to light, most of the scalpers' posts on Craigslist are flagged as prohibited and removed in a hurry.

To me, self-policing means that "us" campers are trying to police "ourselves". And it sounds like it is having an impact! Dancing GIrl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login