Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pohono & illilouette falls next weekend??

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Pohono & illilouette falls next weekend??
July 09, 2011 08:08PM
I am looking to see if anyone is interested in doing a 3-day hike from the Wowona tunnel (or Bridal Veil lot), up the Pohono Trail and camping night one maybe Taft Point area. Second day head down somewhere into the illilouette falls basin area. Then head down to the valley on the last day, lunch and a beer, then out of the park. I am looking at Friday-Sunday July 15-17. Anyone interested can ping me. I am a pretty experienced backpacker, typically pretty fast in my stride and have logged anywhere from 5 to 20-mile days. This shouldn't be that bad of a hike mileage wise.

-AB
Re: Pohono & illilouette falls next weekend??
July 09, 2011 08:20PM
You already have the permit, I assume?
avatar Re: Pohono & illilouette falls next weekend??
July 09, 2011 08:26PM
I don't, but there was plenty of availability when I spoke to the ranger the other day and he doubted it would be an issue. The park is crowded, but this trail is not. Most people to go there unless they are in a car headed to Sentinal or Glacier, or taking the bus up to Glacier and then they head into valley or back toward Wowona.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2011 08:27PM by ab2ski.
July 10, 2011 08:50AM
You can't camp near Taft. Big no no.

You pretty much have to camp west of Bridalveil Creek on day one.
Day 2 would have to go to Illiouette or LYV.

Have a good time

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 10, 2011 10:10AM
Yeah, I wasn't sure about Taft. I knew you could at Dewy, Stanford...etc. I am guessing that because all those are West of Bridal, that is why. Thanks for the heads up. Still solo. Any takers?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login