Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Post your favorite Yosemite Videos

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Post your favorite Yosemite Videos
July 13, 2011 11:36AM
Thought this would be a fun thread. I can watch home videos from Yosemite for hours.

Here is one I found the other day, amazing seeing this bear out in the middle of the day crossing the river!

avatar Re: Post your favorite Yosemite Videos
July 13, 2011 05:48PM

Song by Gayle Hanson-Johnson

Chief Tenaya was the founder of the Paiute colony of Ahwanhee - Dr. Lafayette H. Bunnell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2011 05:49PM by Yosemite_Indian.
July 13, 2011 11:27PM
Most have probably seen it from the other forum, but I'll post it here anyways (for practice). Not a web savvy person.

July 15, 2011 07:29AM
My favorite:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,30944,31006#msg-31006

*note to poster - post your video or a picture every once in awhile

I don't take many videos. But I've posted a few in the past...

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 14, 2011 02:48AM
I only have one video online. The dulcet tones of Yosemite in Winter:

July 15, 2011 08:47AM
July 15, 2011 10:29AM
Vince

What a cool job. But honestly, do they really need a judge in Yosemite? I would guess he makes $100,000+ a year mostly to sit around and do nothing. Must be nice.
July 15, 2011 02:45PM
hotrod4x5
Vince

What a cool job. But honestly, do they really need a judge in Yosemite? I would guess he makes $100,000+ a year mostly to sit around and do nothing. Must be nice.

I don't think he sits around too much. I listen to a scanner while I'm there and there's a lot of stuff going on there. The usual drunk arrests, drug arrests, thefts, traffic tickets, campground citations for food left out, etc. and then every now and then felony problems. People on the run years ago got it into their heads that the best place to hide out is in a National Park. About 10 years ago a ranger stopped along Tioga pass to ask a pedestrian if he needed help. The pedestrian pulled a gun and shot the Ranger. While I was there in June there was a report of an assualt on a woman who was dumped at the Crane Flat gas station. Hours later the vehicle was stopped at the Camp Curry 4 way, guns drawn, traffic blocked in all directions. Then there are the usual lawsuits. Yeah, I think he keeps busy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 02:45PM by mtn man.
July 15, 2011 03:21PM
Consider not only the local residents, but also how may tourists pass through Yosemite.

Think of the mentality of the tourists.
) I'm on vacation and want to have some FUN!
) I'll never be here again. I'll do what I want to do.
) What happens in Yosemite stays in Yosemite. ( play on the Vegas catch phrase )
) These hick country cops won't catch me.
etc.

I was staying in Camp 4 one time and had some minor people trouble which ended up with the Rangers being called.
While I was talking to the Ranger he got a radio call about someone "brandishing a firearm".
He quickly left. He had far more important things to worry about than us.

I think the judge has plenty to keep him busy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2011 03:22PM by qumqats.
July 15, 2011 02:48PM
hotrod4x5

Don't worry. The park's law enforcement rangers keep his court docket pretty filled up year round.
July 15, 2011 02:53PM

More like $175K

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login