Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mist Trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 20, 2011 01:13PM
The Mist Trail is open now.
July 20, 2011 03:27PM
I know I'll be exhausted when I reach the top of Vernal and then Nevada Fall next week. First thing I'll do when I reach the top of each is dip my feet in the water. It'll be so refreshing...
Oh wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2011 03:28PM by herosemblem.
July 22, 2011 09:55PM
herosemblem
I know I'll be exhausted when I reach the top of Vernal and then Nevada Fall next week. First thing I'll do when I reach the top of each is dip my feet in the water. It'll be so refreshing...
Oh wait.
There are plenty of safe places to dip your feet, ONLY your feet, in the water up there. Just use common sense.
July 22, 2011 10:40PM
hotrod4x5
herosemblem
Oh wait.
There are plenty of safe places to dip your feet, ONLY your feet, in the water up there. Just use common sense.

The foot bone is connected to the leg bone which is connected to the thigh bone which is connected to .....

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
July 22, 2011 11:07PM
Yeah, there is plenty of safe places and ways to enjoy the top of both Vernal and Nevada Falls, just go up a ways, sit and enjoy, just don't go in, and nowhere near the falls.

I just posted a pic via twitter of the sign at the top via Twitter: http://twitpic.com/5udwnm

The text is in my post about the whole thing: Yosemite Safe Despite Tragic Deaths

There are lots of pics there of Vernal and my thoughts on the situation. (I lead a hike on Mist and other hikes in Yosemite every year, so I needed to address the "safety" of Yosemite as a result of this event)
July 22, 2011 11:11PM
OK, new to this forum, trying to post at the bottom, I give up, I can't figure that out. I'll just quit. Also can't find out how to delete a post, only edit. The box was at the bottom, but the post goes up in the middle of the page... I have a forum on my site, but the new posts always go at the bottom unless you hit reply to something in the middle of the page. Go figure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 11:13PM by YosemiteHiker44.
July 22, 2011 11:23PM
YosemiteHiker44
OK, new to this forum, trying to post at the bottom, I give up, I can't figure that out. I'll just quit. Also can't find out how to delete a post, only edit. The box was at the bottom, but the post goes up in the middle of the page... I have a forum on my site, but the new posts always go at the bottom unless you hit reply to something in the middle of the page. Go figure.

What's the problem? That's the default. All replies are threaded and indented. If you reply to the original message, it's indented once. If you respond to any other message, it's indented from that message. Any new reply to the original message ends up right at the bottom.

If you don't like seeing that, there's the option at the top that says "Switch View". The first time will go a flat view in chronological order, which sounds like the way you're used to. Do it again and you'll see the threaded context, but with a single post at a time. One more time and you're back at the default viewing option (threaded). However - any reply still goes straight to the bottom of the page. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 11:24PM by y_p_w.
July 23, 2011 12:02AM
Thanks for that explanation. To be honest, I was having a problem figuring out that logic as well. Didn't notice "Switch View." And I do computer stuff for a living - go figure.

I couldn't find any big button listing "Help!" anywhere. I looked, really. Maybe some of that stuff could be linked or stickied somewhere. And cheers to you.
July 23, 2011 07:49AM
YosemiteHiker44
Once you switch the view, it's not as painful to use as the threaded view, which I also hate. About the only thing that annoys me now is when someone replies obviously using the threaded view, because they will refer to something specific,they didn't quote and it isn't talking directly to the post above, so it makes no sense. (to me)

I NEVER use the reply button on a post, always go to the bottom and use the reply box.
July 22, 2011 11:15PM
YosemiteHiker44
(how do you delete a post?)

Only a moderator can delete a post. Other than that, the best you can do is edit and blank out everything.
July 22, 2011 10:56PM
hotrod4x5
herosemblem
Oh wait.

True. At this high water time though using extreme caution is in order as it is the slip and fall at the waters edge that is the killer.

Old Dude
July 20, 2011 04:01PM
That metal railing is hot. You might burn your feet.
July 20, 2011 04:08PM
h_lankford
That metal railing is hot. You might burn your feet.

We'll need a sign for that too.
July 22, 2011 10:28PM
Pounding head on desk

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login