Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: White Wolf is still closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

White Wolf is still closed
July 25, 2011 12:04PM
I had reservations at White Wolf Lodge, starting today. They were supposed to open the 15th, then the 22nd, then the 25th (today). As stated by phone yesterday, they should have gotten clearance to open so at 10am today, and a special phone number was given so that you could call and get confirmation after 10am.

As of this morning, that number does not answer, just puts you on hold for a long time and then goes to voice mail. The dinner reservation phone is off the hook. After an hour of this and a half hour of waiting on the regular reservation number, I finally got a human. Who had great trouble finding out the status, but finally came back with the info that they failed to open, and are "unlikely" for tomorrow, too. Water and sewer still not cleared.

I don't know about the campground. The NPS web site says that it is still closed, but I don't know how often they update that info....

I know that there are people up there, getting the place ready, but you might have to actually go there to learn anything more.

You know, it shouldn't take a hour and a half on the phone to find this out. The lodge people do have a web site. It would be trivial to post up-to-date information there.
avatar Re: White Wolf is still closed
July 25, 2011 12:39PM
wherever
You know, it shouldn't take a hour and a half on the phone to find this out. The lodge people do have a web site. It would be trivial to post up-to-date information there.

It takes more effort (and approvals internally from DNC) to update their external website. Major companies don't let anyone update an external static webpage in a quick manner unless the webpage is designed specifically for that (i.e. blogs).

But it would have been easy for DNC to pass along an update about White Wolf do their reservations agents, so people could just call their toll-free number to get the latest information. How hard would have been to pass along the latest status of White Wolf to their reservation center?
July 25, 2011 02:07PM
plawrence

But it would have been easy for DNC to pass along an update about White Wolf do their reservations agents, so people could just call their toll-free number to get the latest information. How hard would have been to pass along the latest status of White Wolf to their reservation center?

It still took me almost half an hour on the regular toll-free reservation number to get a human. But that was a big improvement over the special White Wolf toll-free number, which just went to voice mail each time after a very long hold.

Anyway, the update wouldn't have to be posted on the main corporate site, which is indeed hard to mess with. A private forum-type link (that only the administrator could post to) would be easy to provide.
July 30, 2011 02:20PM
July 25, 2011 06:29PM
The facebook page says it is open.
July 27, 2011 07:01AM
The sign yesterday had the "eats" and "tent" attached to it.

From what I saw... all the campgrounds are now open.

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login