Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Toll Collectors on Half Dome

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Foolish Behavior on Half Dome
August 14, 2011 01:58AM
Risks Life for Battery

Not my video. But it's amazing how this person seems to completely ignore the pleas of the other hikers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 02:04AM by Ohnivy-Drak.
avatar Re: Foolish Behavior on Half Dome
August 14, 2011 02:21AM
Ohnivy-Drak

Risks Life for Battery

Not my video. But it's amazing how this person seems to completely ignore the pleas of the other hikers.

While I wouldn't do such a thing just to retrive a battery, by the way he moved around on his butt, I don't think he was in imminent danger of tumbling down the side of Half Dome.

But I do share the bystanders concern.
Re: Foolish Behavior on Half Dome
August 14, 2011 08:58AM
plawrence
Ohnivy-Drak

Risks Life for Battery

While I wouldn't do such a thing just to retrive a battery, by the way he moved around on his butt, I don't think he was in imminent danger of tumbling down the side of Half Dome.

But I do share the bystanders concern.
His maneuver looked mostly safe, but I am not sure if he actually got the battery. He pockets something, after holding it up, but then continues to look.
avatar Toll Collectors on Half Dome
August 14, 2011 07:55AM
Came across this video after viewing the one above concerning Batty BatteryMan:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 08:13AM by szalkowski.
Re: Toll Collectors on Half Dome
August 14, 2011 09:18AM
Some of this is VERY funny!
August 15, 2011 09:15AM
August 15, 2011 11:09AM
Bob Weaver

the angle is very deceiving

There are rocks to the left and right of him as well as side to side. Granted it's still dangerous, but the view makes it seem like there is a dropoff had he misplaced the handstand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login