Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Backpacking company?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Backpacking company?
September 12, 2011 07:51PM
I have this Friday and Monday off work and am considering a last minute Yosemite backpacking trip. So far none of my friends can make it on such late notice so I am wondering if anyone here that is planning a trip for this weekend might want some extra company. A solo trip might be fun too but my gf doesn't want me to go alone haha.

I would be open for anything that I can get a first come wilderness permit for early Friday morning. I am 27 and in good shape so don't worry about me dragging.

Thanks!
Re: Backpacking company?
September 12, 2011 09:44PM
Not going backpacking, but I will be going to Moraine Dome on Saturday, camping, and then teaching a bunch of hikers map and compass on Sunday near Sentinel Dome.

If you backpack anywhere in Yosemite overnight you'll probably have plenty of company. On solo outings I enjoy saying hello and talking to other backpackers - lots of things can be learned from various people.
September 13, 2011 08:13AM
I'm going somewhere Friday... nut shure yet where. Or with who or anyone. Thinking about some boatin. smiling smiley

If you backpack anywhere in Yosemite you can easily get away from people. In over a month
of nights sleeping this year so far we've camped by other people once (unbeknownst until morning) (hi basilbop).
But if you want to find people just stick to the trail and the high traffic spots.

Have fun

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Backpacking company?
September 13, 2011 07:11PM
Thanks you two. I think a solo outing would be fun as long as there are some people to bump into and talk to along the way. Shouldn't be a problem here.

If I do in fact make it up (fingers crossed), I will keep my eyes open for you AlmostThere, or a bright pink bird sporting an Aaron Rodgers jersey along the way.

Thanks for the advice and have fun this weekend!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login