All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

mosquito report for tuolumne meadows?
September 13, 2011 09:51PM
Does anyone have mosquito report from recent visits to tuolumne meadows area? Cathedral lakes trail was pretty bad about a month ago. It took two days to get rid of the dozen itches and another day to get rid of the redness.
avatar Re: mosquito report for tuolumne meadows?
September 14, 2011 01:15AM
rpf123
Does anyone have mosquito report from recent visits to tuolumne meadows area?

Zero mosquitoes last week.
Re: mosquito report for tuolumne meadows?
September 14, 2011 05:08AM
I hiked Hardin Lake, Glen Aulin & Cloud's Rest last week. My wife had some issues with the mosquitos, I didn't notice a single one. Hikes closer to the Valley (OBOFR from Tamarack CG to Rainbow View (especially the RV end of it), Ahwahnee to Mirror Lake and the Old Wawona Road from BVF to Grouse Creek) were much worse...bad enough that I went to the Sport Shop and bought us a couple of mosquito nets to wear over our heads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 05:08AM by DavidK42.
September 14, 2011 08:38AM
A few pesky mosquitos at Elizabeth Lake last week...
September 21, 2011 06:52AM
I was there the first week in Sept. Mosquitos were a non issue in the campground. Hiked to upper and lower Cathedral, Tresider Peak, Sunrise lakes, Clouds rest, Volgosang, Up Lyell Canyon, around Elizebeth, The ridges up around Echo peaks, Mathes Crest, Etc. Mosquitos wern't a problem. Had a little breeze at lower Cathedral Lake where mosquitos are usually a problem so I didn't encounter any there. Others who had been there when there wasn't a breeze said they were a problem.
avatar Re: mosquito report for tuolumne meadows?
September 21, 2011 06:19PM
Was at Kendrick Canyon rim with Chick-on and Billy-G and had no mosquitoes. Spent the next night at Laurel Lake and there were just enough to prompt me to put on a tad of OFF. The little black flies on the switchbacks to HH are the problem.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login