Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Muir Project video

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Muir Project video
September 24, 2011 07:42PM
spectacular 2 minute JMT video,

should open in High Def

http://vimeo.com/28965851
September 25, 2011 06:48AM
There are some fantastic shots in that. It makes me eager to see how their documentary turned out too.
September 25, 2011 08:23AM
Agreed. But it does lack one of the key elements of attraction in the wilderness for me: that sense of time, space, and quiet. This seems hurried, hectic, and noisy...

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
September 25, 2011 08:42AM
balzaccom
This seems hurried, hectic, and noisy...

Managed to tolerate it for about 25 seconds.
Deserves an Edward D. Wood, Jr. Award.
September 25, 2011 09:02AM
Remember this is the JMT which is kind of a freeway through some amazingly beautiful scenery. I saw these guys at Rae lakes at the end of July after 3 days of that monsoon that came through. We were tent bound way too much that day and finally put the waterproof gear on to enjoy an amazing sunset and a double rainbow omg! These guys rolled in carrying a ridiculous assortment of awkward photography gear and after such horrible weather were in amazing spirits. The JMT was tough this year with snow and water and these guys carried a lot of stuff to get such great images. It shows in the high quality of their images. I can't wait for the exhibit. We shared a snickers with Jason in the rain while he took pictures in a cloud of mosquitoes. He couldn't have been happier. I know this attitude will come out in their exhibit.
September 25, 2011 09:40AM
apeman45
He couldn't have been happier. I know this attitude will come out in their exhibit.

for the others in the solo/solitude versus group-therapy comparisons, I have been there both ways and can tell you I like each.

The thing about this perky 2 minute video is that you can feel the joy that they felt for 25 days. For that long a fix, just go.
September 26, 2011 11:57AM
Hey Apeman,
Jason here. Thanks again for the support, and the snickers. Jen and I got a heroes welcome when we got back to camp. I'm happy you enjoyed the piece, and rest assured there's much more to come. Hope the rest of your trip was nice (and dry.)
jason
September 25, 2011 11:37AM
I can't backpack anymore so these kinds of videos are going to be the only way that I get to see the JMT and other places that are no longer possible for me to go to. Maybe they can slow it down a bit when they do the final cut. I would love to see more.
September 25, 2011 12:21PM
Cool vid. Looked great on my HDTV via Roku.
September 25, 2011 03:55PM
I think the video is great. With 3 kids under the age of 7, i can't get that time away to the JMT. In the meantime, I'll watch this great video.
September 25, 2011 06:42PM
I'd love to see a VERY extended version of this as well but, even in this extreme 25 days-down-to-2.5 minutes compression, it so captures how I feel about these places that I found myself getting teary-eyed at the beauty of it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login