Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Tuolumne Meadows Store

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 27, 2011 05:01PM
The Tuolumne Grocery Store will be extended to now close for the season at 6pm on Tuesday, September 27.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Store
September 27, 2011 05:03PM
You're posting this less than an hour before it closes for the season? eye rolling smiley
September 27, 2011 05:04PM
y_p_w
You're posting this less than an hour before it closes for the season? eye rolling smiley

Yep.
September 27, 2011 05:23PM
eeek
y_p_w

Yep.

So I have a little over 30 minutes to get there.
September 27, 2011 05:30PM
y_p_w
eeek
y_p_w

Yep.

So I have a little over 30 minutes to get there.

Yep.
September 27, 2011 05:39PM
I might just be able to make it! wink

(Hope they haven't ran out of the Häagen-Dazs ice cream cups.)
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Store
September 27, 2011 08:14PM
Aw, shucks. They had an amazing selection of delicious exotic dried fruits (they sell for $5/bag). Those items are quite difficult to find, too. I reckon the brand in this case is "Yosemite" brand...or something like that. Glacier Pt Rd snack shop also sells them, but the selection is a little smaller.
September 27, 2011 11:26PM
Store, Post Office, Grill all close at the same time.

They've got to empty the building. The canvas roof comes off. extra support beams go up to support some of the roof beams from the the heavy snow, the stock, shelfs, etc get put away or trucked out.

The building turns into an empty shell that gets filled up with snow during the winter.

It's weird if you're up there right after the road has opened and before they start setting up. You can walk into this empty roofless snow filled building.
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Store
September 27, 2011 10:21PM
What about the Grill?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login