All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Hi, My Name is Chick-on, And I'm a Yosemite-Holic
October 03, 2011 07:16AM
I made it 12 days... then had a relapse:

(and if the weather is good... I'll be back off the wagon next Friday)

Chick-on is looking at you!
Re: Hi, My Name is Chick-on, And I'm a Yosemite-Holic
October 03, 2011 07:26AM
WOW...Is that a record?
October 03, 2011 08:21AM
Hi, my name is Parklover, and I am also a Yosemite-holic.

Stopped counting at 80 visits and only distance and life obligations keep me away. Shortest turnaround time for me is 5 days when we were trying to time the Sugar Maple being in full color one fall. Will be there this weekend.
October 03, 2011 08:22AM
HI, CHICK-ON!

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
October 03, 2011 09:26AM
I finally had to sign up to take part but have been following you for a long time. Your knowledge, adventures and sense of humor are great. I love your map page, the adventures you have had and share them with others. Mainly thanks for being you!!

Dawn
October 03, 2011 09:32AM
Reread some of the posts and have to add we finished 19 seasons as volunteers for NPS/Yosemite Conservancy, all of this time in a tent in a campsite! We are hoping if health holds to be back for season twenty next May. We are definitely Yosemiteholics.
October 03, 2011 09:17AM
I'd have to declare myself a Sierraholic, with a degree in yosemiteholicism...

(it's been 3 days since my last visit to the Sierra high country...it has been 24 days since my last visit to Yosemite...)
October 03, 2011 11:26AM
Hi, Chick-On! The first step is admitting you have a problem... as for treatment, I understand that hiking or backpacking in the Sierra wilderness is very theraputic :-)
avatar Re: Hi, My Name is Chick-on, And I'm a Yosemite-Holic
October 03, 2011 11:45AM
basilbop
Hi, Chick-On! The first step is admitting you have a problem... as for treatment, I understand that hiking or backpacking in the Sierra wilderness is very theraputic :-)

October 03, 2011 02:39PM
For those who wonder how the Chick-on supports his Yosemite addiction – the Chick-on's day job:

Chick-on is looking at you! (He makes a cameo appearance at the 18-second mark of this commercial) wink

October 03, 2011 08:51PM
is that tenya canyon?
October 04, 2011 02:30PM
ryanmj
is that tenya canyon?

ya. you never answered my question w/r to LeConte:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,44869,47056#msg-47056

October 04, 2011 05:41AM
I suppose I was close to an overdose this weekend.

Friday: Rappelling behind Ahwanee Hotel
Saturday: Down Pywiack, Up Airplane Gully
Sunday: Big Wall Climbing: The Grack (5.7-3 Pitch)
Monday: Summited Mt. Dana in high wind and some snow!

Off to SFO for 11 pm flight after finishing Dana at 5:20. On my way to work on train this morning! Full trip to come later!
October 11, 2011 01:22PM
chicagocwright

Off to SFO for 11 pm flight after finishing Dana at 5:20. On my way to work on train this morning! Full trip to come later!
Wow! Nice trip
October 11, 2011 01:32PM
hotrod4x5
chicagocwright

Off to SFO for 11 pm flight after finishing Dana at 5:20. On my way to work on train this morning! Full trip report to come later!
Wow! Nice trip

Yes, it was fantastic. But I think my trip report got lost in the shuffle. No response...
And just so I wasn't bored this past weekend after so much fun in Yosemite I decided to run an unplanned marathon...
October 11, 2011 02:41PM
chicagocwright
Yes, it was fantastic. But I think my trip report got lost in the shuffle. No response...
And just so I wasn't bored this past weekend after so much fun in Yosemite I decided to run an unplanned marathon...

No, no. Don't take it to heart. Lots of us read your stuff. Many commented earlier on your Tenaya Canyon stuff, and didn't need to do it again. The Grak trip won't provoke much comment on this forum, unless you do something crazy there. Add a photo of you stomping a rubber chicken on the Grak, and you'll get a response. Ditto for Mt. Dana. It looked like a fun and memorable trip, but after viewing your 235 slides, I was mostly thinking about the times that I was at those spots.

So if you want lots of responses, post one or two photos with a question. Like, who knows the actual story of that airplane engine? Did you step on the ground wasps nest next to the big tree in Tenaya Canyon? Why are the bear boxes at Olstead Point not next to where you parked? Do bears poop in the woods? You'll get responses.
October 11, 2011 03:04PM
wherever
chicagocwright

No, no. Don't take it to heart. Lots of us read your stuff. Many commented earlier on your Tenaya Canyon stuff, and didn't need to do it again. The Grak trip won't provoke much comment on this forum, unless you do something crazy there. Add a photo of you stomping a rubber chicken on the Grak, and you'll get a response. Ditto for Mt. Dana. It looked like a fun and memorable trip, but after viewing your 235 slides, I was mostly thinking about the times that I was at those spots.

So if you want lots of responses, post one or two photos with a question. Like, who knows the actual story of that airplane engine? Did you step on the ground wasps nest next to the big tree in Tenaya Canyon? Why are the bear boxes at Olstead Point not next to where you parked? Do bears poop in the woods? You'll get responses.

Very true. I understand I was just making a dumb joke again. Wickett is back home now so when he gets time I hope he weighs in on the trip. You are right. The first report on the Tenaya trip had some amazing feedback and is so much fun to read and see where we went the wrong way. And at that, it is probably a very limited amount of people who actually venture into the Canyon.
October 04, 2011 07:26AM
TANKS!

I need more therapy!

(who invented Mondays anyway?)
tongue sticking out smiley

October 10, 2011 10:15PM
"Hi, My Name is Chick-on, And I'm a Yosemite-Holic"

hahaha

WELCOME!!!!!!!!

(what's that line ....?)

" ... coffee's in the back ..."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login