Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: sorry for askin'

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

sorry for askin'
October 06, 2011 05:16PM
haven't heard if they found all 3 of the poor souls who went over vernal falls a few months ago. anyone know?
October 06, 2011 08:50PM
mtc
haven't heard if they found all 3 of the poor souls who went over vernal falls a few months ago. anyone know?

One body has been recovered.

Old Dude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 08:51PM by mrcondron.
October 07, 2011 05:00AM
yes, that was the last i'd seen here. thanks.
October 07, 2011 08:51AM
I was wondering the same thing. Also thinking about what happened to the lost hiker on top of Yosemite Falls?
October 07, 2011 09:07AM
my son and i were hiking the north rim back in June while the SAR were combing the area for the Yos Falls fellow. We were on top of El Cap when they landed a helicopter up there to changeout personnel. We were also interviewed by a couple SAR guys along the trail.
October 07, 2011 12:52PM
ERICG
I was wondering the same thing. Also thinking about what happened to the lost hiker on top of Yosemite Falls?

Still not recovered and the same is true of one of the two that were swept off the bridge at Wapama.

Old Dude
October 07, 2011 09:53AM
A section of the mist trail was closed last week (Friday) for a dive team to go into the pool at the base of the Vernal Fall. They didn't find anything. I heard that the water was still too high, needed to be about half its then flow to be able to access all areas of the pool. With the recent storm I doubt they'll be able to do anymore diving until next year and then who knows what will be left of the bodies. As for the hiker missing near Yosemite Falls and presumably who went over them, I haven't heard anything but I don't think they commonly dive in the pools of the middle cascades.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 12:58PM by eeek.
October 07, 2011 01:54PM
You can check for regular updates on a website set up by one of the families.

http://www.wix.com/raminabadalfamily/raminabadalfamily
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login